[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from blowing them all,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: put_in_work.jpg (74KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
put_in_work.jpg
74KB, 500x375px
what can I do to keep the guys doing work for me happy? It's a pretty large outdoor job for a couple days in the hot summer. I have a basement bathroom I'm going to offer, and probably fill a cooler with ice cold gatorade.
>>
Sit in a lawnchair watching them work getting drunk off ur ass
>>
>>1198921
pretty sure do the opposite?
>>
a cold beer at the end of the day. stay out of the way come, check the job once or twice and tell them if your happy or you want things done a little differently.
>>
what about food? burgers on the grill for lunch be too much? pizza?
>>
>>1198943
are you trying to fuck them?
>>
>>1198962
>Not grilling burgers and brats for your employees while wearing nothing but a "kiss me, I'm the cook" apron and some oven mitts
>>
>>1198920
real simple: buy them lunch, and have ice cold beer ready at the end of the day.

Any worker will appreciate it.
>>
>>1198920
>work on workdays
>pay on payday
deliver these two simple things and you're better than 90% of employers
>>
>>1198920
that's probably more than other people would do
>>
so the beer thing isn't awkward? do i just put them in the cooler at end of day or hand them out?
>>
>>1198920
>. I have a basement bathroom I'm going to offer, and probably fill a cooler with ice cold gatorade.

The bathroom is the best idea. Cold drinks are welcome as well.

Setting up a grill is pushing it. Ordering pizza might be less cringey.

I don't know about the beer at the end of the day. Some guys would love it but other guys would not. Not everyone drinks beer while driving home, and if you expect them to stand around socializing for another 10 minutes when they are dead tired then that's not cool either.

Bottom line: if you have to suck their ass to get the job done right then the job is not going to be done right. Hire a legit company and let them use your bathroom. Maybe some cold drinks. Then just stay the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>1198920

water them
pay them

that should be more than enough to keep them happy.
>>
File: 1419249590470.jpg (99KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
1419249590470.jpg
99KB, 810x800px
>>1199120
I'd wait till the end of the job before handing out beer. A shitter close by is appreciated. Maybe ask what they want for lunch and get it for them. If you haven't got anywhere shady, but have the means to some kind of temp shading, that'd be good too otherwise >>1199147 pretty much this
>>
>Gatorade

If you hired them directly, water would be much better. If you hired a contractor, he should really provide the water.
>>
Offer them the bathroom, they will have their own drinks and what not with them. Only time I ever got fed was working on farms, always had a big spread out for lunch.
>>
>>1198920
We meet at a bar at the end of the workday on payday. Boss gives us our checks and covers everyone's tab. We'll occasionally have a BBQ/grill off for lunch once a month in summer if our job sites are close enough to the office.
>>
Just blow them.

As a plumbing technician all I expect is a thank you. But ive gotten beer weed wine money lunch snack food cake cookies some tools even banged one guys daughter.

Drinks are nice if beer give them a 6 pack or something to take home. Offer ing to order pizza or subs for lunch is pretty common.
>>
Absolutely DO NOT buy them alcohol. Unless you want to risk them getting fired.

Offering them a bathroom and a cooler with some gatorade and pop is a nice gesture. They'll have their own water if they've done the job more than a day, but some guys don't drink sugar drinks and by lunch time the water on the cooler on the truck can be warm so a few bottle of water too.

Everyone loves free food, but they have a lunch break and can get their own food. If it's a multiple day job and they do an actual good job, order some pizzas the last day if you're that worried about them loving you.

In all reality, just offering them a place to piss and shit that isn't your lawn or a gas station down the block is is going above and beyond. Stay out of their way while they work and be readily accessible for questions.
>>
>>1199398
>Absolutely DO NOT buy them alcohol. Unless you want to risk them getting fired.

Oh and building on this, my cousin is an electrician and some guy on a job gave them some beers at the end of the day. Well my cousin is a recovering alcoholic so he said no but the other two guys took them. All three got fired after the higher ups found out because they don't clock out until they are back at the shop and thus they were drinking on the job. Cousin eventually got his job back because the other two were bros and both signed an affidavit saying that he never touched the stuff. That was like a month later and the union had to step in.

Some shops also have a written policy about taking gifts but I doubt anyone would be fired for taking a Coke unless management hated them.

That being said, my cousin works for a multi-national building company who employs thousands of employees, not Tom's Landscaping down the block.
>>
>>1198920
1) stay out of the way.
2) stay out of the way.
3) a cool nearby bathroom is great.
4) unless I'm working with them I don't provide lunch but I offer to join me for dinner if I'm BBQing. Also, booze after days end only if they wish.
5) offering cold soft drinks every 2 hours is not necessary but I do it anyways especially if I don't see a cooler. Noone has to die of thirst on my job.
>>
>>1198920
Buy a slab of beer for them when they've completed their job or at the end of the day, nice and cold. Or make them lunch, or something.
>>1198989
Also this. And don't be a dick.
>>
>>1198989
This and also don't loom. Nobody likes a client who hangs around all the time watching them and asking questions. Tell them, as clearly and concisely as possible, what you want done, fuck off and let them do it, have your phone on and answer if they need your additional okay on anything. Don't be indecisive. Don't change your mind about something halfway through.

Oh, and make sure ahead of time that there is adequate parking and space for their equipment.
>>
If they're professionals then they know its hot in the summer and will come prepared adequately. Bathroom, parking and the client to stay the fuck out of the way and stick to the plan is all it takes to have a comfortable job like everyone else has already said

Then blow them.
>>
The big question is: are these people working for you professionals/subcontractors, or are they just a bunch of random assholes you found to work for you?

I definitely agree with everyone telling you to stay the fuck out of the way and let them work, but I don't think it's overstepping to check on the progress two or three times throughout the day. If you are genuinely dissatisfied with what they are doing and want it done differently, you are better off correcting them sooner than later. They may dislike you a bit for it, but it's far better than catching it at the end of the day and making them do it all over again, or going full cunt and docking their pay at the end of the job because they fucked up.

Also, if these are just a bunch of random assholes you hired instead of professionals, you should definitely keep a bit of a closer eye on them, but still stay the fuck out of the way. You should also provide the basic neccisary tools and safety equipment if you hire non-pros, but don't spend too much. Tools can often walk off.

Providing cold water and/or gatorade is always good. Bonus points for bottled water that they can shove into a pocket and sip on without having to run back to the cooler constantly. Also providing them a nice shaded place to relax during breaks cant hurt.

Also, pay them well. If you are handling their pay yourself, cash in hand at the end of each day can't be beat. And if you really want them to love you, don't be afraid to give them a little bit extra if you are satisfied with the work they did that day.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.