[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rollerskates into Skateboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What's the most bare minimum/weakest tool I could use to cut the skates into trucks?
>>
Not sure what you could use, but what kind of skates are you working with?
>>
File: Snapchat-115368896.jpg (285KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-115368896.jpg
285KB, 720x1280px
>>1197743
>>
>>1197732
hacksaw
>>
>>1197746
Is there any way to remove that rivet in the center? That might be the cleaner method. Otherwise try a hacksaw, especially one suited for thicker metals.
>>
this shit has an adjustable wheel base it looks like so if you drill out the rivet or what ever the fixed point is , the should come apart. yours have alot of meat where the heel/toe are so you will need to hack that off to make them flat. just make sure your wheels line up straight, because that top deck looks like it would take you around in circles instead of a straight line

bonus points if you make it from pallets
>>
>>1197751
drill it out like this dude>>1197759
said, or grind off the other side if it protrudes.

You could mount them on an old 80's snow ski with goofy graphics for max fun.
>>
>>1197761
>>1197759
Okay, since we have that out of the way. I have to figure out what board. Can you guys provide pics? size of pallet?
>>
File: 6c4b4cdddf7d50a5ffbc6e514b5776a8.jpg (232KB, 1000x792px) Image search: [Google]
6c4b4cdddf7d50a5ffbc6e514b5776a8.jpg
232KB, 1000x792px
>>1197768
I mean, you can find all sorts of goofy shit like this at any thrift store.
As for a pallet,
I mean, you've seen a pallet before right? Most warehouse/furniture stores/beverage distributors will give away free pallets once a week.
>>
>>1197732
they could also make good cutting boards
>>
>>1197782
Only if they are garbage pallets. Most pallets get returned for a deposit.
>>
>>1197792
idk man, the Pepsi distributor up the road from me gives away a stack to whoever comes and gets 'em every wednesday, they all seem good enough to make a shitty skateboard out of.

I wouldnt even use a pallet if it was me, but im just providing what anon asked for.
>>
>>1197768
Usually the wood used in pallets is not optimal for small projects, its generally full of knots and cracks. It's also a very loose grain and rough surface so the screws used to install the trucks would split it. Even predrilling doesn't always fix the problem. I'd recommend just finding some plywood for cheap (or possibly free). It's not like you need very much. What sort of dimensions are you shooting for?
>>
File: 20170621_215315.png (491KB, 1439x1118px) Image search: [Google]
20170621_215315.png
491KB, 1439x1118px
>>1197852
Literally anything as long as it will last. Any more reccomendations/guidelines I should follow?
>>
>>1197861
Make it groovy anon! Good luck. Post results
>>
I did unscrew the rivets, now I just have to file down the foot-tongs and find a piece of quality wood. From what I understand, a hacksaw won't give a clean cut. How much would this impact the board?
>>
>>1197864
cut with the hacksaw and then file it down with a file to be flat
>>
>>1197864
I would use a grinder. Harbor freight sells a nice cheap one that would save you about 12 hours of filing manually. Either a tabletop grinder or a portable.

Im guessing this is the latest hipster faggot thing to do?
>>
>>1197732
I made my first skateboard from a chunk of 2x6 and a skate. The steel wheels were absolutely unforgiving. I didn't have trucks plastic wheels until my first plastic board.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.