[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /diy/ i was thinking to make a router table from scratch,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hi /diy/ i was thinking to make a router table from scratch, i dont know much about it, so i was thinking to keep the table the simpliest i can, and use a hand router. Will it work? there is something i need to keep in mind when doing it? any recommendations will be welcome.
>>
>>1197615
Google it. Every woodworking website, magazine, and blog has made at least one. There are literally hundreds of guides. I'm sure you will find one you like.
>>
>>1197675
>Google it.

I'm surprised that's not a bannable offense for a question like OP's. This would be a great thread to discuss factors involved that affect things like precision, safety, ease of use, etc., which can help others learn basic concepts that carry over into other projects.

Or we could discuss shipping containers, small houses, personal submarines, LARP weapons, and other tripe.
>>
>>1197686
people don't bother to search, not even on this site
there was another thread just a week ago: >>1194402

I posted this in that thread and I'll post it again...

find board
drill holes in it
get long screws that fit the base
screw router underneath board
done

it's not that difficult of a concept and it can be that simple
>>
Skip all the fancy plates and gadgets. Bolt a router to the underside of some sheet material. It'll be better. Lookup Pat Warner.
>>
>>1197710

I see your point of view, and understand why nobody wants to go over the same instructions week after week.

On the other hand, making a sophisticated table like OP's picture could involve lots of questions and answers. However he did say he wanted it to be simple, so I suppose you were correct in your original post. Maybe you should apply for a janitor position so you can remove bad posts like his and mine, and I mean that sincerely.
>>
>>1197686
>I'm surprised that's not a bannable offense for a question like OP's. This would be a great thread to discuss factors involved that affect things like precision, safety, ease of use, etc., which can help others learn basic concepts that carry over into other projects.
That would be a great thread, once OP did some research, and has a basic plan and knowledge which we can discuss.

OP, watch 30 youtube videos about "making diy router table", absorb the knowledge, get some idea about what you like and what you don't like, create a plan that fits your needs. Then come back and have a great thread with us ironing out the kinks, posting photos of your progress and so on.
>>
>>1197830
You have literally no clue how much knowledge OP has, or how much research he has done.
Having a first post that fishes for an easy answer may just be looking for validation of what he has already read.

The idiots like you whining that people should google things are new to this board, but its quickly ruining it.
>>
>>1197834
>You have literally no clue how much knowledge OP has,
>>1197615 OP: i dont know much about it

>The idiots like you whining that people should google things are new to this board, but its quickly ruining it.
>>>670505 The Sticky: - First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so.
>>
>>1197869
this
>>
>>1197869
>i dont know much about it

Thats about as basic of a "fishing" question as you can get.
The thread pointed out here >>1197710 didnt take off and had a quick death. Maybe fishing for basic outlines is what the thread needed so people can build upon it.

Its pretty hard to start that sort of discourse to happen when you try to kill the thread immediately though.
>>
Seriously, all of us are sitting in front of the lexis of all knowledge, and a few fags and stoners just want their ideas spoon fed to them.
The basic post here goes:
I want to make X
I don't know anything about tools
I have a friend/school/university that will let me use their shop and tools
How do I go about starting?

These fags haven't a clue to how to make anything. They're too lazy to find a tutorial, go to a library, or a store and see how a real one is made.
/diy/ should be for the exchange of ideas, to help tweak designs, to avoid the pitfalls that others incurred while building similar items.
Not " I've got a bunch of pallets what do?"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.