[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infussion pump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Medfusion_3500_pump_larger.png (111KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
Medfusion_3500_pump_larger.png
111KB, 391x391px
Would it be hard to make a syringe infusion pump? Basically it is a machine to push the plunger at a set mm/seconds rate
>>
Rig up a syringe to a stepper rotating on the end of a threaded rod like the way 3d printers handle the Z axis. That should give you relatively high-precision control over the speed if you control the amount of steps. It won't be a completely smooth injection but it will deliver consistent amounts over a given time window.

Another option might be to use a geared DC motor instead of a stepper and use an encoder to control the speed. Might be smoother but less accurate.

Out of curiosity, what are you going to use it for?
>>
I need an accurate way to infuse intravenous substances over a few hours span. A standard iv drip isn't accurate enough and those infussion pumps cost like 3000 USD...

I have no specific purpose yet, but I want to do some experiments regarding hormones and psychoactive effects. (Medfag here, but of course I cannot use institutional resources for such experiments)
>>
Many thanks for the answer, btw
>>
>>1197447
>no specific purpose yet,
>experiments regarding hormones and psychoactive effects.
> cannot use institutional resources for such experiments

man, or soon to be ma'am, youre on 4chan. just tell us your stupid psycho plan
>>
It has to do with the classic "set and setting" concepts regarding psychedelic substances. Hormonal and in fact almost any circulating substance in our blood stream able to pass to the brain must play a very important role in the subjective effects that one experiences after taking such drugs. I want to control and alter those circulating factors, from hormones to other peptides or endogenous molecules, but administered exogenously in higher than physiologic concentratations.

They shall be administered before the drugs has its onset, and are very short lived substances, that is why a continuous infussion wouls be required, to guarantee high plasma levels when the drug or "primer" makes its onset (usually around 90 minutes post ingestion +- 30min)
>>
>>1197486
I'm crossing fingers for programmable flow curve heroin injector.
>>
I've got like 30 of these german/swiss brushed dc gearhead motors that I pulled out of 4 channel infusion pumps from my work.

They were packaged with magnetic rotary encoders but I chucked those.

I think if you calibrate/test them well and make sure whatevers driving them is sound you should be good. Not super safe but I'll leave the risk assessment to you
>>
>>1197388
OPs gonna build a suicide machine?
>>
>>1197631
Don't help this CIA nigger make his MK ultra machine.
>>
File: Bard_300XL.jpg (61KB, 288x474px) Image search: [Google]
Bard_300XL.jpg
61KB, 288x474px
>>1197388
These old guys are pretty shit simple. Worked on, and keeping these old buggers going for a few years now. Geared down DC motor, threaded rod, 3 speed settings, and a limit snap action switch triggered after a ~9lb preloaded spring.
>>
File: 1455049039357.jpg (187KB, 598x465px) Image search: [Google]
1455049039357.jpg
187KB, 598x465px
>>1197447
>mfw OP is making a slav dream, alcohol pump.
>you just dial in the %° of blood alcohol and insert the other end into vodka bottle.
Don't forget to use arduino.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.