[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How make porch fence/wall thingy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2973.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2973.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
Pic related is my house (first house and hopefully last), I want to build a fence around the porch to make it look tidy, there's an already existing bit of fence on the end of the porch, I want to do that but on the front.
>>
>>1197030
Wow who cut that roof... Fucking I could cut a straighter line with a pair of kids safety scissors.

I wouldn't do that OP.. It will look really funny. Because where the existing post are at. And where the end of the cement Slab ends. Unless you're willing to remove those post and install single ones? They don't really look like they are bearing any weight besides the roof itself over the porch. And half of it looks to be supported by the house...
>>
File: asd.jpg (198KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
198KB, 800x600px
extend less than this though
>>
>>1197030
The porch will feel much smaller with a fence.
>>
whoa thays a small house, is that 100 square meters? dont settle in that, dream bigger.

anyway, for what you want to do move the support to the right if you can and just put a bit of fencing in

also
>>1197070
but where the path is add another way of grtting to the front door
>>
>>1197173
>dont settle in that, dream bigger.
>T. Boomer
>>
>>1197185
sure boomers did fuck the economy over but blaming them instead of adapting wont do anything.
>>
>>1197187
Buying more house than one actually needs is not adapting.
>>
>>1197193
that house is too small to have a family in for one and is an overall depressing size. by your logic we should all live in 60 square meter flats because anything bigger is wasted space
>>
>>1197195
>family
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>1197196
and the last part about living in an apartment? besides thats not even an argument, just because a majority of 4chan is 14-22 (amazingly it increases drastically if you remove /v/ and /b/) doesnt mean thwyll grow up
>>
>>1197199
You do understand the culture of 4chan is inherently anti-marriage right? The predominant ideology rejects relationships entirely and unironically. Simply put, if you suggested that you were married on any other board save /o/ or /k/, you'd be told to leave.
>>
>>1197231
the "culture" is outgrown by most, which is why the upper bounds of the user base are small. its not inherently anti marriage, only the fact that half the people posting cant even get married. if anything /diy/ is one of the more likely boards to be married because of the nature of it. theres more older people on here and like minded boards. additionally quite clearly talking future tense, since he plans to live in that house forever
>>
>>1197237
Like this faggot said, this isn't the cancer known as /pol/

but if it helps, you all can suck my hairy fat ass as you view this 12 days from now.
>>
>>1197173
It's enough for me, If I did have kids some day I like to think I'd limit it to 1 or 2. Really is the least of my worries, I've been to autistic and have moved around too much to take anything past a casual root.
>>1197061
I know, I was up there replacing the gutters the other day. It's a right fucking hackjob but its in good nick. No use doing anything until 10 or so years down the line.
>>
>>1197030
it'd be called a railing or possibly knee wall. as someone said - the position of the [bottom of] posts and the edge of the concrete porch will make a railing look a bit odd assuming it would be built the typical way which is to put it between the posts. suppose you could put the 'wall' out to the edge of the concrete but you will then have the posts inside the 'wall'... also as someone else said the porch will feel smaller and be less usable if you close it in like that.
>>
>>1197479
Thanks, also was thinking of breaking up the path with a sledge hammer and making anew one going straight. Am rebuilding the front fence so I can shift the gate.
>>
>>1197195
My family of four lives happily in a 2 bed 2 bath.
>>
>>1197485
3 bed, 1 bath. But I'm not getting rid of the pool table.
>>
>>1197195
>that house is too small to have a family in for one

Says who, and do you think most of 4chan wants to have kids?

>and is an overall depressing size.

Or plenty big for 1-2 people.

>by your logic we should all live in 60 square meter flats because anything bigger is wasted space

You know a large portion of the world population lives in 60 square meter flats or smaller. Many of them have children.
>>
>>1197400
fair enough, i know your type. my mother moved something like 16 times in 20 years so when she purchased her first house she settled for life (so far)

>>1197485
how old? that sounds incredibly awful if anyone wants to do stuff.

>>1197496
futuretalk. and yes, the people that live in 60 meter (less in places like hk, jp and chn) arent living very well, especially when they have families. the majority that live in flata are made up of 3rd worlders due to china and india.
>>
File: asd.jpg (200KB, 800x600px)
asd.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
>>1197173
extension can just have a wood floor and without any roof, even removable
>>
>>1197607
this guy gets it.
>>
>>1197607
I appreciate you spending time in ms paint, but I don't really need a porch that big. Was kinda just looking to fence in my fence to make it look better. But like other anons have said I'd likely have to move supports.
>>
>>1197614

What is that made of, plastic/fiber for those posts in your porchish area...?.?.

Go to menards and get a concrete nail gun, should cost you less than $30 dollars, uses blanks to shoot actual nails into concrete, get some treated wood and water barrier/foam and bridge the gap between your leftmost two posts and fil in the gap for your rightmost one, put the plastic/fiber covering on that and put in your fense/guard rail. Get the almost necessary porch swing or bench, maybe a potted plant or two and you are good to go from now til retirement.

Pick up and move that cement walkway away from the front and give it a 1' space of dirt or more to grow hedges/roses/plants/political signs or other things. Should only take a bag or two of cement to rejoin it to the side sidewalk.
>>
>>1197616
You have strange visions of how diy works.
>>
File: IMG_2991.jpg (76KB, 800x600px)
IMG_2991.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
Pfffttt.. You call that a tidy middle class home?!
>>
>>1197522
My 2 boys are 6 and 6 months old. I have 2 siblings and my brother and i shared a room and it wasnt that bad really and we are 5 years apart.
>>
File: 1498033846990.jpg (177KB, 800x600px)
1498033846990.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
>>1197030
Mad paint skills
>>
>>1197614
I meant you need to extend a little for fences to work ( also see: >>1197070 )
just 40cm or something so that you can pass between the fences and the columns
so that they won't look like >>1197839
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.