[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently got 2 raspberry pi zero ws and I already know i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I recently got 2 raspberry pi zero ws and I already know i'm making one of those retro game consoles but I don't know what to do with my spare one. I was thinking about a word clock but does anyone know if this is possible with a pi zero? Also does anyone have any suggestions for me to make something similar to this? Or should I go through with it?
>>
>>1197021
You can create a robot and let people on the internet control it.
http://runmyrobot.com/
>word clock
>does anyone know if this is possible with a pi zero
Why not? As long as it has enough digital outputs it should work. Although a raspberry is quite overkill for such a simple task unless you want to use it as an IOT device.
>>
alright, thanks man. I'm only using my pi zero because I have a spare one tho
>>
>>1197040
>Although a raspberry is quite overkill for such a simple task

What's a cheaper alternative?

You remind me of this old engineer at IBM who came by and threw a fit because we were doing a simple lab test using extremely simple ICs but it offended him because it could be done with discrete transistors.

The fact that it was faster and easier seemed to be lost on him.

Anyway, what's wrong with using a 10 dollar supercomputer to do a simple task? (or whatever a pi zero sells for these days).
>>
>>1197055
I'd use an esp8266 and maybe a shift register to drive the LEDs.

2 bucks on ebay for the Esp. A very useful chip.
>>
>>1197144
>A very useful chip.

Thanks for the post. I assumed a "word clock" was some gay arduino thing that displayed "12 am" or something.

But now I'm familiar with the awesome esp8266 which I had somehow never heard of either. I currently use an AVR to send data to an Android tablet over Bluetooth so that the tablet can upload it via wifi to an internet site. With your great tip, I can dispense with Bluetooth and the tablet and have the AVR go directly to wifi.

Fucking awesome when I actually learn something on /diy/ instead of coming here just to troll.
>>
>>1197153
Ya fuck Bluetooth.

I reccomend visual studio when developing this device. I also use the visual micro plugin. Worth it. Way better than the autistic arduino environment which is nothing more than a fuckin castrated version of notepad.
>>
Last note go for the esp-12e or known as an nodemcu. It has a full breakout and a USB chip.
>>
thanks for the comments guys. I'm probably gonna 3d print a word clock plate an use adafruit's guide to help me with this project
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.