[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need bigass tongs, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Takei Oh Yeah.jpg (30KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
Takei Oh Yeah.jpg
30KB, 441x408px
Ok, so bought a #6 crucible on Amazon, and, well, I got one that was marked a #6, but who's dimensions are #10. I'm not complaining, that's 40% more crucible for free and my foundry is big enough to accommodate up to a #14.

My issue is, I don't have any tongs for something this big. Do any of you have plans for a pair of tongs that will fit a #10 or larger, and still be manipulated by one person?

>Pic unrelated
>>
>>>/ck/
>>
>>1196915
Ok...why would /ck/ know where to get tongs capable of lifting 40 pounds of molten copper plus 15 pounds of crucible out of a 2000 degree foundry?
>>
File: dg-15.jpg (8KB, 384x240px)
dg-15.jpg
8KB, 384x240px
>>1196917
I thought you meant the scissor-type laboratory tongs until you clarified.

I suppose you might be able to modify a post hole digger, but they look simple enough to fabricate from scratch if you have the tools for it.
>>
>>1196912
>40%

kek
>>
>>1196912
>#6
>#10

I don't understand your units. But it's okay. I don't need to!
>>
File: 02b7e6412be.jpg (10KB, 187x200px)
02b7e6412be.jpg
10KB, 187x200px
>>1197105
> I could have googled the numbering system for crucibles and learned something, but shitposting is much better.
>>
>>1196917
What kind of faggot doesn't use 40 pounds of molten copper and 2000 degrees to cook dinner? That equipment is standard for serious stir frying.
>>
Op here, thanks for (most) of the comments

>>1196932
Aah, I get you. I've seen the post-hole digger trick, but I'm thinking I need to fabricate a pair. Issue is, I don't have a welder, so this is going to end up being forge welded or just riveted together.

>>1197106
Thanks, saved me the time.

>>1197110
I've sort of done that. Thrown a pan and made a grilled cheese over the vent hole in my first foundry.
>>
>>1197418
Me too, I hate this big plate of galvanised metal from a scaffolding platform that I heat up and make burgers with, they taste kinda funny though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.