[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil stain on driveway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: how-to-remove-oil-stain-garage.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-remove-oil-stain-garage.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
I spilt a bit of oil in my driveway and now I'm stuck with a stain. Any ideas for getting rid of it?
>>
cat litter or sawdust, scrub hard

Finish with a harsh as fuck solvent like chlorinated brake cleaner
>>
>Put sawdust on it
>Wait 3 days
>Remove sawdust and then water last the fuck out of the concrete
>Pout bleach over the area
>Waterblast the fuck out of it again
>Sandpaper (by hand) the remaining spots
DONT DO IT AGAIN!!
>>
>>1196907

I already soaked the oil up. Should I still use cat litter in that case? And should I sweep up all cat litter before hitting it with a strong solvent?
>>
>>1196914
-Sawdust/cat liter removes the surface stuff
-Chemicals remove the stained stuff
-Water blaster removes chemicals and hard to remove surface stuff
-Sandpaper makes you learn from your fuckup
>>
CLR Grease Magnet is supposed to be good for exactly that
>>
>>1196916
Be careful with water blaster and oil on driveways etc. Some cities prosecute if it gets into storm drains. Make sure your neighbors don't hold a grudge against you for one.
>>
>>1196983
>having neighbors
>letting the government tell you what to do
>not killing those who threaten you
>being a leftist cuck
>>
File: 1374466912842.jpg (47KB, 450x492px) Image search: [Google]
1374466912842.jpg
47KB, 450x492px
>>1196904
>go to walmart
>get 5 gallon bucket and lid
>get push broom (not a straight broom) and dust bin
>get a small cup
>get $2 (seriously) 10 lb bag of unscented pure bentonite clay kitty litter
>go home
>put on boots or shoes
>pour bag of clay into bucket
>use cup to spread clay in a thin layer over spot
>proceed to grind the clay into the cement with the ball of your foot
>continue grinding until you have gone over the entire stain
>sweep up clay dust
>lean into broom and scrub dust and clumps from the concrete
>rinse and repeat until stain is gone
>wash with water to remove remaining dust
>put cup in bucket then close it and put in the corner
>>
>>1196904
spray it heavy with Wd40, and sprinkle cat litter of it, then cover with garbage can lid...leave it sit a couple hours, sweep up cat litter and repeat until clean...
>>
File: IMG_2974.jpg (35KB, 456x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2974.jpg
35KB, 456x323px
>>1197044
Bentonite cat litter you say...
Hey kid wanna make $50?
>>
File: ops.meme_.nba_1024x7681.jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ops.meme_.nba_1024x7681.jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
>>1197048
>>
>>1196904
Tha fuck is wrong with u faggots.

Op, dump some gas on it and scrub a little.

Facks sake.

If there isnt any tar itll never show. I do it all the time in my dads shop
>>
>>1197285
Thanks for destroying the environment.
>>
burn it off and then pressure wash.
>>
>>1196904
I'm sorry OP, but the only solution is a jackhammer. you must remove all concrete and pour a new slab
>>
>>1197044
This will definitely work. Had to help a friend do this over multiple huge areas due to impending legal action. They could not even identify the areas where the spills had been when they came to inspect.
>>
>>1197340
honestly when spills are fresh, the go-to for cleanup is basically kitty litter and it's the same procedure. spread it out, then sweep it up and throw it in the appropriate trash bin
>>
Starting fluid.
>>
Just buy a bucket of Eximo.
>>
File: tide powder laundry detergent.jpg (48KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tide powder laundry detergent.jpg
48KB, 450x450px
>>1196904
>Any ideas for getting rid of it?

put powdered laundry detergent on the stain
(like you would kitty litter or oil dry)
all to sit until the dry detergent soaks up oil
garden hose and scrub brush or broom to finish
>>
>>1196907
Cat litter, the gravel kind. Grind it into the stain with a shoed foot. Rinse with hose.
>>
>>1196904
kitty litter/oil dry (same shit) soaks up the oil into the "rocks" and then you scoop up the rocks and throw 'em away
>>
wire brush wheel on an angle grinder or a drill and go to town, anyone who has ever had an oil stain has done this

dont listen to the retards saying use the "elbow grease" meme or to buy useless snake oil shit like cat shit box filler or the retard saying to use clay. what the actual fuck are you retards smoking? LE CLAY ON LE OIL XDXDXD MAKE GOOD FOR REMOVAL XDXDXD LE DRIVEWAY POTTERAY XDXD

fuck off retards, real men use power tools
>>
>>1196904
TNT
>>
File: mlA_mfuV0pus0MYQsOoXctg.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mlA_mfuV0pus0MYQsOoXctg.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>1197664
>wire brush wheel on an angle grinder or a drill

That always leaves a grey scuff mark when I do it.

I'd try soaking the stain with some sort of cleaner or solvent for a while, and then pressure washing with a tip like pic related. google turbo nozzle, spinner tip, etc. They have what is called a "zero" tip, but it swirls around so that you can easily clean the hell out of a surface. Be very careful about using it on wood.
>>
Cat litter, sweep it up.
Simple Green and a stiff brush.
Dish soap and stiff brush.
Rinse.
Admire.
>>
>>1196987
2/10
>>
>>1196904
1: Industrial degreaser
2: Pressure washer
3: No more oil stain
>>
Cover your entire driveway in oil
>>
AZ?
>>
>>1197397
This. When I worked in A garage, we cleaned the floor with kerosene and Tide. Pour kero all over then sprinkle tide on it. Scrub with a stiff floor broom and rinse down the drain. Fuck the EPA.
>>
>>1197949
Now you're talking.
>>
>>1197051
Fuck you and your filename
>>
>>1197664
That's an awful lot of wasted words.
>>
Quit living like a nigger and buy a decent car
>>
>>1196904
I've had good luck with the orange cleaners. On white concrete, just soaked up oil, saturated stained area with orange stuff, let it sit a while and pressure blast with clear water.
>>
>>1196907
car litter. when you pour on the stain. rub it in with your feet. turns into fine dust and seeps into the pours more. repeat until there are no changes, then finish off with brake cleaner
>>
>>1196904
Jackhammer
>>
>>1199122
Does autozone carry car litter?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.