[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my well meaning gf decided that the best way to prepare a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So my well meaning gf decided that the best way to prepare a room for painting involves taking the front panel off the electrical box.

Luckily she didn't touch the main lugs and fucking die.

Anyway I'm putting it back up tomorrow. What's the best way to do it without fucking dying? I assume once it's screwed in and grounded there's nothing to worry about. The actual electrics in the panel are a goddamn work of art. There's no main breaker so I'll have to shut them all off individually.

Any tips?
>>
>>1196439
Looks like those 2 breakers top middle are main for that panel
>>
>>1196439
Not really... you just do it. It's designed to be removed and installed hot.

FYI cover panel with cardboard to work on it hot or if leaving open like that.
>>
>>1196439
Cover it in newspaper and secure the edges with masking tape.

Or just learn to tuck in. Are you using a spray gun or something? I don't see anything special about it. It's just a box.
>>
>>1196443
>>1196446
That's not the panel. Just a Google searched image
>>
>>1196450
It doesn't really change the problem. I don't think they make electrical panels with a French curve.
>>
>>1196439
Just don't cover yourself in salt water and tongue-fuck the main bars in the back or smash breaks open with a hammer to make them work better. Don't touch and bare wire hanging out of anything.

You hold the cover up and put the screws back in where they were. Exactly the way she removed it. Unlike in the movies, electrical boxes are not full of spark-spitting snakes that want to spring out and jam into your eyes.
>>
>>1196561
ffs spelling. the points stand. Also, stay in school kids.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.