[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water will not drain from garbage disposal. Just moved into a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: 20170619_195303.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170619_195303.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Water will not drain from garbage disposal. Just moved into a house and have never used one before. What am I not doing?

Thanks friends
>>
>>1196345
Poor liquid fire in
>>
Draino, if that doesn't work then shut your water off and take apart the plumbing to try find what's going on. Most of the time it's just food gumming up the pipe. If your still at a loss then maybe find someone who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>1196351
The strange thing is....it does not look clogged. Its like there are no holes in the stopper. So impossible for water to drain. Do I pop the "stopper" out or something? Pipes seem clean
>>
>>1196361
Have you checked or do you just think it's clean. Also might pay to check the impeller. I'm no plumber but when Inget trouble with plumbing 9/10 times it's fixed by taking shit apart and cleaning the fuck out of it and then putting it back together with new thread tape.
>>
File: StopIT.jpg (11KB, 181x181px) Image search: [Google]
StopIT.jpg
11KB, 181x181px
>>1196345
your stopper is in there, upside down.
of course if you put the stopper in, it won't drain, that's what the damn things are for, to let you fill the sink
I recognize that one, that's why I know that it's in there and flipped over.

It's similar to pic related
>>
>>1196345
>never used one before
Make sure water is going down the drain while it's turned on. The shit you grind up is still fairly large particles. It needs running water to make it go down the pipes, otherwise you get a clog.
>>
>>1196366
This. Every once in a while run some ice through it, helps clean it out and can't clog it up
>>
>>1196366
Thanks man. How do i pop it out? Flat head screw driver I assume? Its really stuck in there. I really appreciate it. Where I am from they dont have these. In fact I think they are illegal because sewers or something
>>
>>1196380
According to the insinkerator website, it's stainless steel. Theoretically you should be able to get a bigass magnet to pull it out if nothing else works. Just remember that bigass magnets are brittle, and not to just drop the fucker in there.
>>
>>1196380
you could try snagging the rubber ring with something pointy
you might be able to hook into it with a coat hanger with a small bend on the end etc
Do you not have a scribe or something?
or put your vac cleaner hose on it to grab it

You could try to tilt it or use pliers to pull on the metal part
Do you have a cheapy flat head screwdriver you could bend a bit?
The metal core will come loose from the rubber seal

Just don't tear up the rubber below the stopper, that's what holds the disposal up, in a strangely designed rubber compression thingie
>>
>>1196397
Got it. Thank you my good man. And another question if you have the time. So this place has windows which are kind of fucked. When In opened one latch, the window plane about is actually connected to the lock so it comes crashing down. Like...you cant open the window where a screen is because the top section of the wondow is held on by the lower one. Just curious what I need to do here. Almost lost my goddamn finger when I opened the locks on that window
>>
>>1196398
If they're older wooden windows then they're usually supposed to be connected to window weights in the wall.. perhaps check and see if they've fallen off of those somehow.. fair warning though I only know a little about windows so I don't know if the weights are for both panes or just the lower one... a quick fix to make them workable would be to cut some wood rods to the length of the space below the upper window frame and the sill. Then jam a rod in on both sides flat against the frame so it doesn't look like ass, under the upper window so it doesn't impede the lower ones operation and tight against the bottom of the upper window frame and sill so it holds the upper window up.. if you don't have access to a lot of wood maybe cut up some dowel rods or yardsticks.. or alternatively run some screws in under the upper window to hold it up, but the rods would be removable without leaving marks...
>>
File: 1497927782802-1263027239.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1497927782802-1263027239.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1196401
Cool. Thank you very much. This house is bizarre to me. See how the outlets are? Not used to this even. And lots of outlets dont have grounds.
>>
>>1196412
Shit dude, sounds like you should learn to inspect a house better.
>>
>>1196432
Why do you say that? The outlets are different from where I live. Its not like I own the house...
>>
>>1196440
Are you a rentfag?
>>
>>1196361
That is a sink stopper so you can fill the sink with water. It looks like it's in upside down. Pull it out.
>>
>>1196391
>stainless steel
>bigass magnet

No.
>>
>>1196345
If that is a picture of the disposal, the stopper is upside down. Remove the stopper.
>>
>>1196348
haha no, screw you
>>
the fuck is a garbage disposal?
>>
>>1196380
Get all water out of sink, take off disposal under sink, hit 'inverted plug' from underside and it will pop out. ezpz
>>
File: kfwdr08a.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kfwdr08a.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
insinkerators are attached with a twist collar, you're supposed to use the key/lever that comes in the install kit to twist the collar on and off, but a screwdriver works too.

the inside of an old waste grinder is an alien dimension of nasty. disconnect the power cord and waste pipe, and put a bucket under the grinder before you pop the collar loose, unless you've always wanted a mutant ninja turtle origin story.
>>
>>1196728
thanks pal
>>
>>1196677
It's the monster that lives in decadent white people's sinks. ``FEED ME TABLE SCRAPS,'' it bellows. White people oblige in fear of it eating their wife's wedding rings and children.
>>
>>1196908
Don't they have chickens, pig or dogs?
>>
>>1196911
The sink monster eats them.
>>
>>1196440
Where are you from? I'm originally from NZ. Same things threw me at first. Light switches are upside down here in the US too. Wierd.
>>
>>1196982
TRAITOR!! How could you leave the homeland to live amongst yanks?
>>
>>1196982
>Light switches are upside down here in the US too.
Really? Is it not up/on down/off in NZ? I've been all over North America, Western Europe, and the Middle East and it is the same everywhere I have been.
>>
>>1196986
There're two Kiwis here other than me? Small world. Neither of you got your car crashed into by a maniac on a bicycle recently did you? If so, sorry again and I'll get the money eventually.
>>
>>1196990
You can just flip the panel. I think down is better though, if it's dark and you're trying to find the light switch you can just slap the wall until you get it.
>>
>>1196996
Holy shit, that's why my buddies house had an upside down lightswitch in their bathroom. Their Dad was an electrician and I always thought, "Wow, what a lazy piece of shit this guy is". Nah, just trying to slap around at night to fight that lightswitch.
>>
>>1197143
Actually, he put it in upside down and realized it after he was done.
>>
>>1196986
It wasn't my intention. Fell in love with a girl. Will be back for good one day though bro!
>>
>>1196670
That post isnt a joke.
>>
>>1196654
Well if its just cheep stainless a magnet will stick.
>>
File: aaa.png (516KB, 914x801px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
516KB, 914x801px
>>1198096
>>
File: 1481123393378.jpg (126KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1481123393378.jpg
126KB, 500x374px
>>1198096
Just make sure to get the appropriate extinguisher.
>>
>>1196345
Your P-trap is clogged. Take it off with a pan underneath it and clean the shit out of it. You will need adjustable pliers and probably a ratchet or flathead screwdriver..
>>
>>1196398
Those things are legit horrible. You joke but my cousin did sever the tip off of her finger from one of them coming down suddenly.
>>
>>1196345
Disassemble pipes until you find clog. You may end up cracking some old brittle plastic nut and need to go to the hardware store to fix it.

Garbage disposals are pretty shit. Most leave stuff in big chunks so it forms clogs further down. Really wet and soft stuff can be flushed.
>>
File: upon.jpg (2KB, 132x230px) Image search: [Google]
upon.jpg
2KB, 132x230px
>>1196990
>up/on down/off
What if a room has more than one switch for the same light? My hallway has two and my neighbor's has three.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.