[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thermoelectric car interior solar cooler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: $_1.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
Want to run a 12v thermoelectric cooler in the interior of my vehicle. I can't figure out a way to vent cools air in or hot air out without any destructive modifications to my vehicle. Must be able to secure vehicle and windows.
>>
Running 12v lines to solar panels isn't much of a problem.
>>
In the back of the car, behind the bumper there are vents so you don't blow the windows out when you shut your car door. Similarly, at the firewall there are grommets you can remove with enough access.

However, you shouldn't run a peltier plate in your car; it'll drain your battery, and run the risk of starting a car fire.
>>
Thank you that was helpful. I'm running it strictly off solar. The hotter the day the harder it cools
>>
>>1196306
However. I don't want to run long complicated lines all over he place. I was thinking about low profile air ducts or water cool system.
>>
>>1196414
Lines of what? Most cars have 12v ignition, 12v constant battery, 12v accessory lines all over the car bumper to bumper. Even if one you need doesn't exist, you simply run a cable along other existing cables under the interior panels/carpet and tap into an empty fuseblock location.

Do you have a testlight to even find a power source in your car?
>>
File: DSCN7759[1].jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7759[1].jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>1196448
You can't do that!

His idea has to be convoluted and impractical!
>>
>>1196292
So you want to use a thermoelectric cooler, that is the thing that can make an insulated box slightly cooler than ambient if you give it enough time, to make a noticable amount of cooling in your car, your car being the thing sitting in the sun and heating up enough to braise a pet.

In the simplest way to state it: This is a dumb idea that will not work.
>>
>>1196511
Will not work yet.
>>
>>1196448
Perfect way to get your car ripped off
>>1196420
>>
>>1196523
>Thieves can't break through glass
>>
>>1196521
ok, "will not work until the laws of physics change or unicorn-horn thermoelectric junctions become commercially available"

>>1196523
One could, however, make a solar-powered fan unit set into a housing with a fin on the upper edge shaped like the window (to fit snugly where the window seats) and with a rubber-padded channel in the bottom to receive the top edge of the window. insert into the opening and power the window up against it to secure. There are as-see-on-tv versions that are usually garbage, you would need something that exchanged a lot of air to prevent the car from at least being much hotter than ambient.
>>
>>1196292
>>1196511
assuming you'll use your entire roof and bonnet for solar panels you'll have around 2 -4 m2 of panels. That can give around 500 watts of power.
using peltiers with an efficiency of 50 % you'll be able to cool with a power of 250 watts while you have to dissipate 750 watts. I'd say you use the bottom of you car as a coldsink and sacrifice a lot of clearance for the heatsinks+fans to dissipate all that heat and it might work.
alternatively you'd use the roof as a coldsink but then you have to build a sort of cooling duct to dissipate heat between the roof and the solarpanels.
Thinking about it, the whole roof-cooling-box might be quite viable as a stand-alone product. You'd have to sacrifice your roof though. remove insulating clothing at the inside, make a heatconducting connection (thus damaging/removing paint) on the outside, and either use the cars airflow when driving or divert it over the solarpanel.
>>
>>1196621
or if you are insane and like to do the impossible, attach a exchange unit to a fan inside your vehicles interior and have an on/off regulator attached to your vehicles radiator. Have the solar panels activate the interior fan and a small fluid pump to said radiator and have the power run for your engines radiator fan. Make sure your radiator and fluids can handle that and you have yourself a vehicular heat exchange pump. No real lose of security, your vehicles already made for part of that, and it hopefully won't ruin everything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.