[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this cabinet for free but when i got it home i found i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 20170618_211154.jpg (815KB, 800x2649px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_211154.jpg
815KB, 800x2649px
I got this cabinet for free but when i got it home i found i can't get it through a bend in a low ceiling corridor. It's just too tall.

I'm gonna need to take it apart. What's the best way to remove a side board without damaging anything? obviously it already needs sanding and repainting but i don't really have time for that right now so i'd rather not make it worse.

I've got some woodworking tools around, but honestly i'm clueless.
help?
>>
File: 20170618_210828.jpg (692KB, 1717x951px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_210828.jpg
692KB, 1717x951px
This is what i'm working with. Looks like the boards are stapled in place, if there's glue i'm not seeing any runoffs.
Who does that?? And how is it so fucking sturdy?!
>>
File: 20170618_210841.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_210841.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
So yeah. How do i dismantle a side without leaving visible damage?

Thanks best board.
>>
>>1196215

are you slow? pull the staples out?
>>
File: shitty diagram.png (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shitty diagram.png
26KB, 800x600px
>>1196215
High strength electromagnet, to pull the staples out, assuming they're iron or steel.

other than that, there' is no other way that I know of to take staples that deep out without digging at it with the sharper side of a hammer

if it's too tall just put the cabinet on it's side, get circular saw, and literally just cut it down on one side to the height you want it at, when done put a fresh new board on the top (or rip the old one off the now severed piece and and put it on the now shorter cabinet

I have included a shitty diagram
>>
you could probably just take it apart and build an entirely better one for 20 bux
>>
sand and paint is just finish if you're leaving it indoors all the time.
Fuck it if you damage it.
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make furniture THAT big and not make it easy to break apart ought to be shot.
>>
>>1196273
also some math might help.
I don't know your house but maybe you haven't thought about it hard enough.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_sofa_problem
>>
I see, thanks for the comments. Not sure how i feel about sawing it down.

Hmm, i'll try to drill down to the staples' depth and pry them out. inb4 it's actually biscuits and glue plus the staples.

>>1196270
The wood alone would cost 3 times that. I effectively live in a desert.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.