[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shop Vac Attachments REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: shop vac.jpg (103KB, 1170x1170px) Image search: [Google]
shop vac.jpg
103KB, 1170x1170px
Why is it impossible to find adapters to hook up a shop vac to power tools?

I want to hook up my miter saw, which has a 2.5 inch dust port to my Shop-Vac 5986000 which has a 2.5 port on the unit and a 1.25 hose end. I've looked everywhere but all I can find are adapters that are the exact same diameter as what I'm trying to connect them to. It's like the entire industry is in cahoots to make this impossible. None of them even use "male to female" or "female to male" language to make it possible to make sense of anything they sell!
>>
duct tape nigger

pvc pipe to make quick connectors
>>
They'll usually fit without a problem with a shopvac made by the same manufacturer as the tool... they want you to buy theirs.. but yeah as other guy says... duct tape.. or for small diameters those rubber plumbing fittings with a hose clamp on either end work pretty well...
>>
>>1195983
use cut sections of bicycle inner tubes
>>
>>1195983
>Shop-Vac 8018200 2.5-Inch Deluxe Pick-Up Accessory Kit
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004RHKX
exactly what i bought for mine
>>
File: IMG_2753.png (251KB, 483x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2753.png
251KB, 483x305px
It takes a certain kind of retard to make a thread instead of using duct tape.
>>
>>1196077
>It takes a certain kind of retard to make a thread instead of using duct tape.

but he has a point, if you've dealt with enough shop vacs you learn that they are either incompetent or are scheming in some way. It would have been very simple for all the copy cats to go with the original plan, but no, some weenie thought his way was better, so you end up with what he described: the exact same diameter on both parts you wish to mate.
>>
>>1196077
>Covering all your tools with duct tape
>Accepting an industry which has been around for many decades and can't even agree on basic standards for fittings for a product which millions and millions of people use daily

Some standards you have for quality in your life. Can you post a picture of your wife so we can see if that standard applies in that aspect of your life as well?
>>
>>1196091
I'm convinced they make connections non standard so they can sell you adapters.
>>
File: IMG_2953.jpg (37KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2953.jpg
37KB, 511x288px
>>1196091
>>1196105
Jesus Christ more fucking potatoes, if you don't want duct tape then fucking fine. Make something better, like heatshrinking pvc or some shit. You're fucking grown ups figure this shit out for yourselves!!
>>
File: 8149At23p8L._SL1500_[1].jpg (316KB, 1500x1346px) Image search: [Google]
8149At23p8L._SL1500_[1].jpg
316KB, 1500x1346px
>>1195983
Damn dude, do you even diy? I picked up a similar kit at home depot when I built my cyclone dust separator. Even though I used an old vacuum's wand tool to fit inside my old miter saws port everything else was fitted by this kit. Belt sander, orbital sander, table saw, planer .. everything. Oh, and I used a flexible rubber plumbing connector thing (hose clamps on both ends) for the cyclone input because metric/imperial.

BTW a heat gun works great on pvc when you need to open up a an end to fit something inside it.
>>
>>1196063
That's fucking good anon.

Also, PVC pipe fittings from your big box wherever you are
>>
>>1196284
but this is a discussion board, for discussing things.

If you want to bitch and moan go to /b/
>>
finally, a job for 3d printers.

Shit's gonna pay itself off any decade now.
>>
>>1195983
Don't buy shop vac brand, they are the cheapest Chinese grade crap, buy ridgid.
>>
>>1198749
If living in Canada i recommend the canadian tire maximum brand vacs. They have nicer, more flexible, hoses than ridgid's stock ones. Maximum stuff is hit or miss but the vacuums are good. And cheap if you wait for 50% off sale.
>>
>>1195983
Buy a 150€ printer and print as many as you need
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.