[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my computer monitor died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: file.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I have an AOC pc monitor, I only ever had it on when I was actively using it, so sometimes it would be off for up too a week at a time, went to turn it on a few days ago, and nothing, no power light, nothing from the screen. I tore it apart, and to me, the boards, and components look fine, if someone would like to look, in case I am missing something, that would be great.
>>
File: 20170616_213042.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_213042.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 20170616_223423.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_223423.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 20170616_212849.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_212849.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: _20170618_215850.jpg (2MB, 2183x2938px) Image search: [Google]
_20170618_215850.jpg
2MB, 2183x2938px
Any input would be great, I myself find it odd that there is no fuse, and I plugged the0 cables into an old screen I had in a closet, and it works.
>>
Underside of PS board?

I don't see anything obvious. Tested the PS for voltages with a multimeter yet?
>>
>>1195953
last pic is the bottom of the ps board, to me, never working on a monitor before, I'm not sure what voltage I should see coming from the ps board. the one thing I thought odd, the ps board has a small board on the one side with an arrow on it that says dip, a small ribbon cable plugs into the white plug there, nothing plugs into the black connector. not sure what that is for.
>>
>>1195953
also noticed that the ps board dose mention a fuse, right beside the power plug, but as far as I can tell, there isn't one, or am I just not seeing it
>>
Possibly a bad diode on the power supply board?
Has there been any thunderstorms in your area?
>>
File: fuse.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
fuse.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1195997
It's there
>>
sorry about your monitor OP. These are the kinds of problems I hate the most since they are the biggest time sinks to troubleshoot.

If you can't find any help anywhere I would suggest you at least replace the capacitors if you are handy with a soldering iron. Looks like a really easy job since you have plenty of space in that PS board. It may or may not work but lets face it, the cost of a few capacitors and an hour or two isn't going to be too bad for a potential fix.
>>
>>1196004
I didn't even realize that was a fuse
>>
if the fuse checks out as ok, check that all the output voltages of the board are ok, but be very careful while doing it (dont die). there might be a cold/broken joint somewhere in there, since its the board that withstands the largest operative temperature range, preventing it (and thus everything else) from function properly
gl
>>
>>1196013
I was thinking about doing that, it just surprised me, that it had no signs of failure that most do, just one day it worked great, the next day, nothing. especially to see the board looking like new, no marks from hot spots, and now swelled, or leaking caps. I completely missed that fuse, will be the first thing I check when I get home. thank you for your help, I'll let you know if I figured anything out.
>>
>>1196049
alright, got out my meter, fuse is good, as power in is good, no power out of board, testing and probing different areas of the ps board, I noticed that the board is divided into a low voltage and high voltage side, the only thing bridging the two side, is a small step down transformer. testing it out, got power into it, and nothing coming out, so my guess that is the problem.

my next question is, where can I go looking for a replacement ps board, as I can solder, with the setup of the transformer, 5 leads on both sides, I don't think I have the skill to replace it. thank you for your help.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.