[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bunker Building (No Shipping Containers)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: interior 3.jpg (139KB, 750x502px) Image search: [Google]
interior 3.jpg
139KB, 750x502px
I'm planning to build a bunker (out of actual materials) and I want to to look nice so I don't shoot myself down there. The plan is to have decent woodwork like pic related in the bunker.

Here's the DIY part. The plan is to have the hole excavated then build the floor and walls out of 4mm steel reinforced with square bars, which I would do myself. The tricky part is that because of the shitloads of VOCs and sawdust woodworking produces I want to build the walls and floor first, put in the interior, then put on the ceiling and do the concrete pour(s) so the air quality isn't worse inside than out and so I can get everything in.

Am I retarded or would this work?
>>
You're retarded, just buy a pre made storm shelter or:
>Get somebody to check your soil
>Hire an excavator and dig your hole
>Get somebody to pour the concrete for the floors
>Build walls out of cinder, that's been reinforced with rebar and concrete
>Get professionals to sort out the ceiling and entrance
>Get professionals to sort out ventilation
>Have a single bed and lots of shelves
>Use your shelf space wisely (meaning only 1-2 guns that permanently live in the bunker)
>Never use it
>>
>>1195524
>Am I retarded
>I'm planning to build a bunker

pick one
>>
>>1195530
could cinder survive being buried under 3 meters or earth?
>>
>>1195524
If you're putting in all the wood before you're putting a roof on the thing you'd have to worry about water damage. Why not cut all the pieces outside, dry fit em' and then store them somewhere while you build the rest of the bunker? Or just use a vacuum while you're doing the woodwork inside. You don't go outside to cut hardwood flooring when you're putting that in and the dust is relatively easy to clean up when you're done, I can't see it being too big of an issue unless you're cutting all the wood at once
>>
>>1195533
I thought about that and my solution would be to have a large plastic tarp where the roof would be and then lift it when I need to. Dryfitting it then assembling it won't work because getting a 3-4 meter long piece of crown moulding in wouldn't be feasible. Also staining can only really be done once everything is in place.
>>
>>1195532
Not by itself, but filled with concrete and rebar it can.
>>
File: tardpepeschool.png (445KB, 700x536px) Image search: [Google]
tardpepeschool.png
445KB, 700x536px
>>1195537
I was thinking about using concrete and rebar for the interior walls and having steel as the exterior then realized there's no reason to use steel at all
>>
imo bunkers are retarded, make something like a wine cellar instead. that way you could still live in it but it's it in the mean time
>>
>>1195539
I plan to live in the bunker fulltime
>>
File: 1497521995940.gif (1MB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
1497521995940.gif
1MB, 320x212px
>>1195541
Y tho?
>>
>>1195542
Because it'll be awesome, does the why really matter?

>Also safe from Apocalypse safe from redneck methheads
>>
>>1195544
You won't truly be safe if you have to open the blast hatch every time your mother places tendies outside the door.
>>
>>1195545
some risks are worth the reward anon
>>
>>1195530
/dyi/ - Tell others to do it
>>
>>1195530
>typical buyfag post
>>
>>1195544
If it's an effective bunker, it's also a deathtrap. There's reasons code requires your sleeping room have a window. If nuclear war breaks out, your best bet is to have a go bag with some HEPA respirators to protect from fallout.
>>
>>1195530
Get off this board.
>>
>>1195524
Use dust capturing and filtered air handling in the "woodworking room" and when everything is done do whatever sealing you still feel is needed with known low-VOC treatments. Or reconsider filling your concrete deathtrap with wood soaked in oil and whatever.
>>
I suggest having a shed or a single room sleep out or something on top of it. Also have a second exit in case of emergency. If you can buy land with a hillside that would be perfect.
>>
Hey OP, I've been planning on building a bunker for weeks now, with preparations coming soon.
If you got any question ask it, and I'll also add some tips to survive.
>>
>>1195544
>calls others redneck meat heads
>is Literally planning to live in a bunker to escape the apocalypse
I got some bad news anon
>>
>>1196173
>becoming a subterranean NEET to avoid others
>being a redneck

Pickone
>>1196153
Pics of work done so far?
>>
>>1196173
Do you mean to imply that redneck meth heads are safe from redneck meth heads? It's probably the other way around. Consider this: do you know for whom niggers represent the greatest danger? Other niggers.
>>
>>1195524
Pouring the concrete after doing your fancy woodwork sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>1196488
only pictures I can give are the materials for use.
Blueprints are being analyzed by some professionals to make sure it's stable.
Also having decent woodwork doesnt mean you wont go crazy.
Watch this video, not about bunkers, but it will give you an idea how sanity can be affected by space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzDk6dfP54
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.