[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parkside branded tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170616-WA0000.jpg (224KB, 899x1599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170616-WA0000.jpg
224KB, 899x1599px
Eurofag here, asking other eurofags preferably Germans because Lidl.

Are these tools branded "Parkside" any good? They are currently sold at Lidl and people around say they are good. The pic related set costs 80€ and i'm really thinking about buying it.
>>
>>1194635
Looks your typical store brand set to be frank. Might serve you well into future depending on your needs and how much abuse you give to your tools.
>>
>>1194636
>depending on your needs
fix shit around my car, mostly

Also, i wont leave it in the car, because i live in a nigger country where there's people who'll break a 100€ window to steal 20€ shit from your car. Guess the country, btw.
>>
>>1194637
Yeah, my pops has had similar sub-100€ set for about 20 years for working on his motorcycle/car and it does okay for that job(altough his idiot spawn might have lost the 10mm few times, but new sockets are pretty cheap). And I'd guess Romania?
>>
>>1194635
Hungary? :^)
Parkside is meme brand - hobby shit tier if you want use it for hobby(or small works on your own) its ok, when you want it for dayly use then no.
Get proper brand tools for dayly use - with waranty and so you can buy replacments(no BTFO brands that no longer exist)
>>
>>1194638
>Romania
p. close - Bulgaria

>>1194654
Hobby shit, yes. My daily job is sitting in a chair writing code of questionable quality
>>
>>1194670
so its ok, just check them befor buying ofthen they are fcked up pices and rusti ones
>>
>>1194635
there's nothing wrong with parkside, but don't expect those things to last an eternity, especially machinery. but that should be obvious because lidl
>>
>>1194635
you aren't going to use 90% of those driver bits because you will lose them probably.
if i were you i would buy tools as you need them.
if there is a kit that has mostly what you need and its a good price then of course buy it, but don't buy a tool kit thinking you are being slick and thats all you will need to buy. you will always need more tools. always. you will never have the correct tool for the job. ever.
>>
>>1194845

Seconding this. I have received kits like this in the past from well meaning family members. There's always some reason the stuff the kit has won't work and I end up up making the drive out to hardware store to pick up a single socket or bit or whatever it is.
>>
>>1194635
Why buy shitty park side with 80€ when you can buy a decent kit with 100€? I have something like your pic from kstools and I work with it everyday for 2 years and its still in good shape.
>>
>>1195032
>kstools
it looks like another china rebarnd so whats the pont do they make the tools ? from pictures it loks the same as the lidl ones - and ton of other similiar rebrands
>>
>>1194635
Sets are for morons that don't really have an intention of using them. People who have a job or task buy specific tools if a higher quality rather than rely on sub par chink shit to get them out of shit.
>>
>>1195066
From pictures the earth looks flat. Just saying.
>>
>>1194845
>because you will lose them probably
doubt that, i'm very pedantic with my tools (to a autistic level)

>if i were you i would buy tools as you need them.
it's what i do now, but i'll need to tidy up few things on my car and don't want to for example end up with 10 different hex bits that flap around in a shitty toolbox that i have to dump on the ground every time i need something from it.
That's why i'm looking for toolbox like pic related where every tool has its own designated place.

>>1195032
>Why buy shitty park side with 80€ when you can buy a decent kit with 100€?
because i have no idea which tool set on the local market can be defined as "decent"
We have a somewhat local brand called "TopMaster" making all sorts of tools and i would buy them if they were locally made and not imported from China - http://topmaster.bg/en
>>
>>1195117
looked the page of it, and its just another rebranding firm there is ton of them all around EU
not saying that china shit is total shit but paying more for same china shit is bullshit
if i want quality i go for real known brands
>>
>>1195214
>a autistic
fucking lightspeed trolling

if you are working on your car you pretty much need to buy a rolling cabinet. you can't work on a car and not have one who do you think you are?

what kind of a garage do you have thet you can dedicate the space required to folding this thing out every time you need a bit?

if i were you i would forget 'bits', buy proper drivers with a handle on the end like the good old days and hang them on the wall on a nice bit of pegboard or something. bits are for drilling woodscrews and shit where you don't really give a fuck
>>
the only thing of value in that set is ratchet, sockets, and wrenches. maybe not those specific tools pictured though. i'd buy them in separate sets from a higher quality manufacturer.

you would do better to get smaller dedicated sets instead. those bits in the center are a waste and only filler so they can inflate the number of tools included so you feel you're getting a good value.

besides, hex bits wear fast and break, and get lost. id say they are a consumable item, and always on sale somewhere.

and of course, there is no value in a tool you never use.

i dislike rubber coated handles on ratchets because they always look like shit after the first job and never come clean. Worried about grip? Wear gloves. and steel will last you 30 plus years, rubber, not so much. plus, in a pinch, you can hook a box-end wrench on a plain handle ratchet for more leverage.

also those multi-pocket cases will undoubtedly very shortly stop holding the tools. you'll soon open it to find sockets and bits all over the place so you will wind up needing a toolbox anyway.

so get those plastic socket holders to hold the proper sets you purchase to make keeping them together easy.
>>
>>1195368
it probably is, but they have distributors around, where you can buy whatever you break/lost so i'll probably go with them.

>>1195371
i'm not trolling, tho

by working on my car i mean minor fixes, and i already kind of pointed out that i have no garage. why do you exaggerate that much? I just need a set of tools to throw in the trunk when going on long drives.

>>1195503
as above, i'm looking for a "trunk set". If i had a garage, i'd go full autismo mode and just buy a tool cart
>>
From someone who works for lidl i would say the main issue with its tools is the out of factory quality control. If the tool makes it past the first time you use it it will generally last until you do something stupid to it that would break even a higher tier tool.
>>
>>1195558
>minor fixes
work out exactly what you need then
you maybe need 4 or 5 different sockets, perhaps some torque bits, you get ones already set into a drive housing. boom everything on a rail, torque ratchet elastic band them together. you won't notice it taking up space. oh and a torch of course.
what jobs do you want to do with it exactly?
>>
>>1195583
>what jobs do you want to do with it exactly?
have to fix few minor things like wiring, taking out and cleaning the headlights, etc.
It's a Megane II car, so everything is plastic clips, and torx screws in ridiculous to access places.
I also like to fix shit, and never had a complete set of tools before.
Nothing professional, like i said i'm a programmer, so it's all about hobby tier jobs.
>>
Everything Parkside I have owned has been decent. 3 years warranty too.

The thing with hand tools is, if it feels well made it probably is.

If it feels rough/unpolished its likely shit.
Stay away from the cheap nigger socket sets with a matte grey beadblast finish.

If you're on a budget and only want to work on your car you might just want to get a ratchet, sockets in 10, 11, 13, 17, 19 and a crescent/adjustable.

Those are the most common socket sizes for cars.
Haynes manual will tell you what sizes you need.
>>
>>1194635

>anything Lidl
>even decent

Pick one.
>>
>>1195627

>t. ignorant

I've got a load of Parkside stuff, it can be hit and miss, most mostly hit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.