[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for tradesmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: belleville330desst.png (201KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
belleville330desst.png
201KB, 462x500px
I'll be starting my apprenticeship as an electrician next week. As part of the job I have to get some safety boots. Problem is, I'm about 5'7 and regular work boots paired with snickers work trousers make me look even stumpier than usual. I'm thinking of getting these military boots (steel toe btw) and tucking then in the way regular soldiers wear them cause it looks cool and aesthetic af. Will it look stupid or na?
>>
>>1194586

fuck off.

become a soldier and get shot faggot.
>>
>>1194588
I'll shoot your famalam with my ropes of cum you beta gheyboii
>>
>>1194586
hurr durr, i am murican
hurr durr i need muh guns
hurr durr - kids and people getting shot daily

hurr durr - it has nothing to do with muh guns
>>
>>1194591
Hurry durr nice b8 but not even American faggot.
>>
>>1194586
will look stupid af. The pants get bloused so its like putting a rubber band there then tucking in the excess back into the pants under the rubber band. Would look stupid in a civillian setting (may be wrong) - Just have the pants altered so they dont touch the ground and you'll look fine.
>>
>>1194595
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Might still get the boots though and just wear the pants normally.
>>
>>1194591

what
>>
>>1194586
Looks fine on my 5'7" army bf.
>>
>>1194586
Ex-Armyfag here. Blousing your boots sucks. There are two ways to do it: tuck it into the boot or use some kind of blouser. Both are a hassle, are uncomfortable, leave marks on your leg, and can cause circulation problems. Just tailor your pants so they fit correctly. Poorly fitting pants are a safety hazard. The only reason they do it in the military is because they use generic sizes of uniforms to keep costs down.
>>
>>1194586
Your coworkers will point and laugh at you if you do this. It may earn you some kind of nickname that will follow you for the rest of your years. :^)

In any case, get your pants hemmed so they fit properly. It is a minor safety hazard to have poor fitting semi-loose pants on the job.
>>
Manlets not needed not accepted in the trades. Apprentice as a beautician instead and simply wear quality high heels to work, Cinderella
>>
>>1194591
Why are foreigners always so obsessed with us?

Don't worry about us, we don't give a fuck about what you do.

Op just get pants that fit. If people are going to rib you over your height they're going to do it no matter what you wear, dressing funny will only make it worse.

Best case scenario, you work with some actual adults and they care more about the quality of your work than what you look like.
>>
File: gun control support.png (177KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
gun control support.png
177KB, 500x693px
>>1194591
Just who do you hope to bring into your well reasoned argument?

1/10 made me reply.
>>
>>1194586
work boots are not for aestetics, they made to keep you foot safe in work envirement
stopi dicking around get proper work boots for job you are going to do (also steel toe + other safte features are well come - oil resistant, pierce safe etc)
>>
>>1194586
Dont buy steel toe if they aren't required. Sooooo uncomfortable. And don't buy work clothes worrying about how you look. The other tradesmen will sniff out your vanity/insecurity and they will mock/hate you for it. Men have an odd sixth sense about this on construction sites. Comfort and practicality should drive your wardrobe choices.
You WILL get teased about your height. If you haven't learned how to deal with this in the presence of grown men then God help you. Either laugh it off or give it back as good as you get it. If they think it bothers you, you are doomed. Anyone who can't joke along with guys will never be one of the guys. Be a hard worker and don't be a bitch and you will get along great.

Tl;dr, buy some Carhart carpenter pants and the most comfortable boots you can afford.
>>
>>1194586

>>>/fa/

also, I'm sure you're aware that as an electrician you need to get composite toe, not steel toe, or you could cook your tootsies
>>
File: bulgy fresh.jpg (659KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
bulgy fresh.jpg
659KB, 1382x778px
>>1194591
git out
>>
>>1194586
ffs, nobody gives a fuck how tall you are, or look. You earn your respect in a trade by doing work. Sure, people are going to poke fun at anything they can. It's how people get through the day, and you just throw your own shade back at them.

You need EH rated boots. If you can find 'aesthetic' boots that are rated for electrical hazard, then knock yourself out. Otherwise, deal with it. It's part of your job.
>>
>>1194586
Buy yourself Lowa working shoes with metalcap in front
>>
File: 1.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>1194883
My nigga.
>>
just get some steel toe caps like everyone else on site or prepare for even more apprentice abuse
>>
>>1194586
That's how swarf, dust and dirt gets into your boots, desu.
>>
Yes, OP...it will look stupid. Just go for a pair of Red Wings. I'm on my second pair of their Pecos (a calf high slip-on). The first pair lasted 4 years on different surfaces. Comfy af, too.

t. Sr ICE Technician (power generation utility)
>>
File: IMG_0725.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0725.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>1195119
Pic related
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.