[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to drill wood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

I refuse to buy my own drill because its expensive and i would never use it again.
>>
>>1193995
sage dumbshit
there is no place for lazy fugs like you
>>
>>1193995
Buy a cheap drill use it then stick your dildos on it for that gay ass play you like fag
>>
>>1193995
>its expensive

Interesting, I didnt realize that walking into walmart and spending $17 on a drill and a few bucks on some drillbits was prohibitively expensive.
>>
But I barely DIY at-fucking-all and my drill gets used a lot. I got one of the small craftsman nextech or whatever drills, I got the impact driver a few years ago. Does everything from drilling wood to turning wire wheels to being a fat screwdriver. Best $40 I ever spent.
>>
>>1194003
>>1194017
not OP, but what drill would you recommend? ive been looking for one recently, just to acquire a basic toolset
>>
>>1194037
Well the craftsman nextec or whatever I mentioned has been great, nice and small but enough power to take off rust with a wheel or drill whatever you need while still being small enough to use as a handy little driver. Battery charge lasts a fair while too.
>>
>>1194037
A basic drill for a basic toolset?
Cheap and corded, and it has a clutch.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-5-5-Amp-3-8-in-Variable-Speed-Reversible-Compact-Clutch-Driver-D48CK/205216292

If you dont understand how a clutch works, its really useful for when you are going to be driving screws. Here is a video explaining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAqxnlqEMGI

The Ryobi is the only corded drill with a clutch you can really find nowadays. For the occasional and light use, corded is the way to go
>>
>>1194041
ill have to look into that
>>1194043
at this point i would want a cordless one because i do a lot of work outdoors, and it would be nice to have for the future. although corded are really cheap nowadays, so maybe get one of those until i can get a nicer cordless one
>>
>>1194041
ive been looking into a hitachi drill. my dad had one of those for like 20 years and the only problem he had ended up being the battery. i wonder what the quality of the drill is now vs 20 years ago though
>>
>>1193995
That's like asking where to rent a pineapple.
>>
>>1193995
>i would never use it again

Then get off /diy/

My $.02 worth: If you don't use a power tool very often, get the corded version. Nothing worse than putting the battery pack away and finding it dead in 6 months.
>>
>>1193995
Op, even if you only use it once a year to speed up assembly of Ikea furniture it's still worthwhile.
>>
File: my neighbor.jpg (217KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
my neighbor.jpg
217KB, 1100x1100px
>>1194017
>>1194133
Thanks for your input. i will now spend 20-50 dollars to drill two holes.
>>1194122
I have rented a pineapple before.
>>
>>1194140
You're probably going to have more to drill and screw eventually, unless you're planning a suicide.

Do your caretakers know you're on this website?
>>
Ask someone else who has a drill you fucking idiot.
Or buy one and resell it on craigslist.
>>
>>1194037
anything plug in variable speed reversible with a keyless chuck
>>
File: 2017-06-15_21-04-51.png (76KB, 766x303px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15_21-04-51.png
76KB, 766x303px
>>1193995
>its expensive
>>
>>1194122
So you listen to Stuff You Missed in History Class, Holly is so fucking annoying.
>>
>>1194140
>I have decided that I will live the rest of my life without any handyman or repair skills

If you have decided to be a fucking woman, why are you bothering to drill 2 holes right now?
Cant your grandmother come over and do it for you?
>>
>>1194182

If OP starts on this, he would be more legit than most of /diy/
>>
>>1194003

>$17 walmart drill

Enjoy barely drilling through a cardboard box and the thing dying.
>>
>>1193995
Barrow from friend/neighbor?
>>
File: based_corded_drill.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
based_corded_drill.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
Rent one. Find a local store. Even home depot will rent them. Get it for the minimum amount of time. Don't forget the bit. Tell them what you need.
>>
>>1194298
For the milktoast OP, it would work perfect
>>
>>1193995
>i would never use it again
Are you a brain in a vat? What the fuck kind of person never uses a drill?
>>
>>1194188
Never heard of that.
>>
>>1193995
You can join a hackerspace for a monthly fee and then you don't need to own a drill.

A $25 corded Black & Decker would probably get the job done. What are you making? Are you aware the holes will not be round but subtly tri-lobed if using a standard chuck?
>>
>>1193995
You *can* drive a screw into wood by hand with a screwdriver. Of course, that's the hard way and you lack the intelligence to look up a rental place, the interpersonal skills to ask a neighbor if you could borrow theirs, or the slyness to buy a used one at a pawn shop, Craigslist or yard sale and then sell it for what you bought if for.
>>
I was just thinking there might be a hardware store that allows their employees to do something like that, since i had heard of one a while ago and couldn't remember the name of it.
Obviously i have no friends or neighbors, the only devices i ever see at my thrift shop are broken food processors, and i am very fucking poor.
I didn't trust a 17-25 dollar drill but i guess i'm convinced?

stop murdering me please? let thread die nao? > w O;
>>
>>1194887
>I didn't trust a 17-25 dollar drill but i guess i'm convinced?

No worries. Cheap corded drill will do you fine.
>>
>>1194374
Maybe it was Foodstuff, annoying women podcasts all flow together.
>>
>>1194971
Never heard of that one either. Podcasts are not the origin of that historical curiosity. I was at a restaurant with metal pineapple ornamentation with my mother several years ago, and she explained pineapples are symbol of hospitality. I later read about it on my own. My particular set of dietary ideologies has necessitated a broad knowledge of anything I'm eating, and I'm always interested in learning the history of any of it. I could tell you the origin of all the ingredients of any processed bullshit at a supermarket.
>>
>>1194978
Of course podcasts aren't the orgins of history, you autistic fuck. Good on you for finding a niche to cling to, when I was a kid I knew everything that started with an "a" because my parents were poor and the first volume of encyclopedias were free.
>>
>>1194887
Do you not have a dad?

The cheap corded drills are plenty powerful for wood.

The last thrift shop I went to had an old metal body drill, and a very heavy hand mixer. I think it actually weighed more than my blender that couldn't be any more powerful on 120 volts, 15 amps.
>>
>>1194980
It's not a niche I'm clinging to. I just take a minute to know what something is before putting it inside me.
>>
>>1194983
What do you know about my dick, faggot?
>>
>>1194994
It's not up to spec.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.