[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Alright gents,
My westinghouse tv started flipping channels on its own , then turned off randomly . At first i was thinking the power problem was due to the power plug(its essentially like a laptop charger) malfunctioning but after using a similar plug (it seemed to work for a while) but alas it started just shutting off
Options
1: open it up and check the circuitry and attempt to repair it
2: and i preface this with I have no idea if this is possible; but i would be ok with turning it into a monitor for my pc
Anyone have experience with either? Tbh i would rather re purpose it into a monitor as the screen is intact and it seems to be a circuitry issue. would it be easier to just buy a kit and make it into a pc monitor?
>>
>>1193888
I mainly posit the 2nd option because i recently came across a video of a guy converting a laptop screen into a monitor , that being said i assume the tv would work the same no?
>>
Have you tried turning off bluetooth?
>>
>>1193888
You don't turn it into a monitor. It already is a monitor with some extra circuitry and computer inside it. You can't remove any of that, because it's all on one board. You could remove the panel and drive it with other boards, but a decent 1080p monitors (IPS even) start at $100 new and the tv panel may be too laggy, bright, blurry, etc.

If you're certain it's not being played with over bluetooth have a look at the capacitors after leaving it unplugged several minutes. They can be bulging or burst if they've failed. White globs on the boards are supposed to be there to make it more sturdy. If a failed capacitor is the cause, it's a very cheap fix.
>>
>>1193893
i figured as much , but the way i was thinking was if its the whole board, would it even be worth buying a new board or just consider it a lost cause?
>>
>>1193893
also im getting old because since when do tvs have bluetooth? The way i used it was your standard tv set up. but wether it was recieving information from the pc or else it just kept shutting off, as for when its it "tv' mode . If you say set it to channel 60 it will flip back to 45 and if you change it to say channel 70 you get channel 45 again. Regarless of the settings
>>
>>1193895
Many now have bluetooth for using any smartphone as a remote control and streaming stuff. Someone may have be playing with yours.
>>
>>1193899
i doubt it, even with bluetooth it wouldnt shut off power so violently
>>
>>1193902
Post the exact model.
>>
>>1193888
>My westinghouse tv started flipping channels on its own , then turned off randomly .

you probably fucked up the traces to the buttons ( grease/sweat made its way to the traces and corroded them so they're intermittent )

or your dumbass keeps sitting on the remote

or someones firing IR into your tv room to fuck with you
>>
>>1193907
unfortunately im not at home, ill be able to post it around 2pm central time though. If your on, keep a look out. Also thanks for the input.
>>
>>1193910
I have this thread watched, so I'll see it.

>>1193909
This is likely. When I used to play video games regularly, I needed to have my own controllers so they wouldn't have solid chunks of food stuck to them.
>>
>>1193911
the tv was for the most part untouched left on the tv stand , as for the remote its pristine condition , usually youll see the gloss from greese overtime but nope. I know these are fairly comon things -.- but I wouldnt be posting if it were something so simple. As for IR , brick walls and no one else to interfere so i think we can rule that out.
>>
>>1193913
I'd take the batteries out of the remote and see if it continues.
>>
File: IMG_6718.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6718.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
OP here I cannot apologize enough for the late response ive been busy between my other DIY builds and Calling ATT to fix my internet but as promised will be posting all here

Feel Free to give suggestions as to what i can do with the Tv if all else fails
>>
File: IMG_6719.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6719.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1194771
ill be posting the pictures here and
>>1193911
sorry man, didnt mean to be so late especially since you actually showed interest
desu if i cant repair it im thinking of slavaging the components i.e capacitors resistors and just building whatever you guys want, im just a hobbyist
>>
File: IMG_6722.jpg (841KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6722.jpg
841KB, 3264x2448px
>>1194772
>>
File: IMG_6720.jpg (825KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6720.jpg
825KB, 3264x2448px
>>1194774
>>
>>1193889
A laptop screen requires far less power than a tv screen, so adapters can be easily made to convert them to stand alone monitors

>>1194771
>>1194772
the Westinghouse LD-3235 (your tv) is known to be faulty, just check the reviews
https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-LD-3235-31-5-Inch-720p-LCD/dp/B005YVTI6C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If you want to try "fixing" it yourself just go to ShopJimmy and order a new replacement board (power or controller board)
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LD-3235

if you want to truly fix it yourself you're going to need a multimeter, soldering iron, and some wire cutters. If you see even one bulging capacitor, REPLACE THEM ALL!, with "made in japan" capacitors if possible.
>>
>>1195933
lol failed industrial espionage
>>
>>1195938
>industrial espionage
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1195947

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.