[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fireworks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: DSCN1521.jpg (213KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1521.jpg
213KB, 640x442px
yo so im trying to make the loudest salute firework (firework with boom only) does any one know how to make? i already know the basics of just stuffing a shell with flash powder, is their another method to make a louder boom or a formula for stronger flash powder? thx in adv
>>
oh look, this thread again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRGutfporQ
>>
>>1193299
What would cause spontaneous ignition?
>>
>>1193304
Static electricity.
>>
>>1193288
Why do you want it louder? So you need to use hearing protection? To force more of it onto more people who aren't you, and their pets? The stuff you can buy is all the loud you need.
>>
>>1193288
>i already know the basics of just stuffing a shell with flash powder

You are going to die.
>>
>>1193288
Get some artillery shells or go to a professional show. You're not qualified to become qualified to safely make something that thumps like that.
>>
>>1193323
Easily preventable using the same methods you use when working on computers. Anti-static mat hooked to ground, wrist strap hooked to ground, and all tools grounded. OP does need proper training.

>>1193288
Get qualified and get a license for it. You'll be glad you did.
>>
>>1193288
>i already know the basics of just stuffing a shell with flash powder
holy fucking cow man. im actually quite impressed at your stupidity
>>
>>1193304
spontaneous?
nothing.

so what is the cause?

you need oxygen, heat and fuel to make fire.
we have the fuel, and the oxygen too those are a given. so what causes the heat?

could be many things; spark from metal, from electronics, chemical reaction from colouring metals or glue/materials in the housing, friction from using it as a dildo without lube, could be anything.

>>1193288
op typically you start by arranging with the local authorities by submitting plans of the area you are working in and what steps you have taken to mitigate damage to surroundings. You probably also shoudl familiarise yourself with the kid of safety precautions necessary working with volatiles.

i guess you haven't done any of that so fuck off.

if you had even two braincells to rub together you would realise that sound is a pressure wave interpreted by our ears; if you want a louder boom you need more energy. so one way to do that is to add more material but the other way is to consider that the pressure wave is created by the container, not the powder. flash powder on its own doesn't make a bang, only when you contain it the rupturing of the container is what turns the energy into sound.

but now we are getting into pipe bomb territory.

yes of course you could use material with a higher energy density but then it's not much of a firework is it? if you want a loud bang hold a shotgun next to your ear.
>>
>>1193330
I can't believe someone as busy yelling at children riding thier bikes over your hose, could take the time to post this.
>>
It's interesting that this board won't tell Jamal how to open a safe that he "found," or how to unlock a cell phone that he "bought," but we'll send any op that asks to the Ted Kaczynski school of fireworks design so he can blow his ass off. Just saying.
>>
>>1193504
>we'll send any op that asks to the Ted Kaczynski school of fireworks design

Nobody in this thread has done that; everyone has told the dumbass OP to fuck off.
>>
>>1193504
>>1193590
Yeah this is why /diy/ fucking sucks. Why is everyone here a cop?
>>
File: IMG_2725.png (176KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2725.png
176KB, 640x618px
>>1193606
I'm not.
>>
Back in the 00s, I rode in my friend's Dodge Neon while tossing out lit firecracker strings, sometimes while doing donuts on frozen lakes. One time someone else screwed up and tossed a bottle rocket out the front and back into the rear window, which was open because that fucktard's fucktard friends smoked, and he eventually started too. Menthols despite being white. The last time I saw him, he was driving with a suspended license, showing off his "not a license" ID to everyone, and playing with an illegal spring assisted opening knife. He's an accidental father now.
>>
>>1193606
To diy well you need common sense. Generally if you have common sense then your reaction to ideas like these Is something along the lines of "your a dumbass and you shouldn't be doing this for a myriad of reasons"....

Seariously though op is a dumbass who shouldn't be doing this for a myriad of reasons. If he thinks he's not then he should provide convincing evidence he has thought about how to safely do this then we'll possibly try and help.
>>
>>1193606

reporting someone to the fbi and telling them they're retarded for wanting to do something that can cause horrific injuries or death, are two different things

some people still have remnants of a soul and don't necessarily want to see others melt their faces off
>>
File: IMG_2824.jpg (120KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2824.jpg
120KB, 640x416px
>>1193778
Here have this picture, and we'll all just pretend it was attached to your post.
>>
>>1193304
look up for example: "armstrong's mix" or "touch powder"
>>
>>1193288
make a lead ball mill. grind stump remover together with crude oil. detonate
>>
>>1193778
To be clear I'm okay with OP melting his face of provided a) He doesn't hurt anyone else while he does it and b) There's a video of it that I can see on /b/ after the fact.
>>
OP make sure you stream yourself doing /diy/ fireworks so we can watch you blow your face off.
>>
To get the loudest bang you should only fill the container 2/3 full. Also NEVER mix ANY sulfur into your flash power if you value your fingers/eyes. You can learn more by looking up salutes on Wikipedia than any of the retards on here could tell you. Be safe
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.