[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystery chisel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170613_130314.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_130314.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey all,
anyone know what brand/maker of chisel this is? And is it worth the time/effort to restore?
>>
>>1192929
Don't know the brand, but it looks like you need to sharpen it, possibly put a handle on it, and use it. Not exactly a huge waste of time; you'd have to sharpen any chisel you buy, and putting a handle on one is a good learning experience.
>>
>>1192940
This. In the and it's a sharpened metal bar with a handle on it, it's definitely worth the time you put into it.
>>
>>1193051
*in the end
>>
>>1192929
>And is it worth the time/effort to restore?
"Restoring" a chisel takes all of thirty minutes. Yes it's worth it.
>>
>>1192929
chisel is a 'John Bull Sheffield' (England)

>I live about 30 miles from Sheffield.
>>
>>1193084
A John Bull mortise chisel. Looks pretty short though, probably better to get a new one.
>>
>>1193052
It doesn't even matter
>>
Trainee handyman at the moment, and am going to be needing to use chisels often. Any tips? I've never so much as handled one yet, and would appreciate any advice and or fun greentext.
>>
>>1195578
Make sure your off hand is not where the chisel tip will end up if it slips while you're using it. Then again, you could tell people that your sister made it and it's a period piece.
>>
This guy takes a piece of garbage and works it into a good chisel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F45I18IDsLA
>>
>>1195581
How the fuck would you manage to chisel your own hand? Are you just holding the workpiece with one hand while you shiv it to death with a chisel?

Did you learn your chisel technique from a guy named Jamal while on a 5-10 for grand theft?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.