[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Machinist Will Pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16

File: a200-bank.jpg (13KB, 240x154px) Image search: [Google]
a200-bank.jpg
13KB, 240x154px
Need machinist for custom sinker molds. Blogpost in the comments if interested.
>>
File: blank-mold.jpg (12KB, 240x154px) Image search: [Google]
blank-mold.jpg
12KB, 240x154px
I have contacted various suppliers and been met with nothing but rejection. Any pro or backyard machinists looking for extra cash?
Need custom sinker molds made.
I can order a blank mold and have it mailed to your house. You can machine my custom designs in it and then mail to me. We will discuss pricing privately and Hopefully this will not be a 1 time thing.
It will be a few weeks before i will be able to do this, but it will give us time for me to work out a deal with one or more of you anons.
I may even consider paying you a finders fee if you put me in contact with a new machinist.
I'm being rejected because I wish to make adult novelty sinkers for a few customers and nobody will take me seriously.
In keeping with the no pr0n policy here that is as far as i will discuss it. I will post a few pics trying to better describe what i am after.
There will never be any cost to you. I will even supply shipping labels to me from you that you can print or have printed. Or i can print and mail u a return label.
You only cost will be time in possible doing a sketch or test run and showing proof pics before mailing the final mold.
I am pretty easy going and won't throw a fit if it isnt perfect. I have a fealing this will be a learning experience for us both.
If not, well, you made a few bucks running a machine.
Please drop a burner email and i will contact you with mine to further discussions.
Pic related is a mold blank. I would prefer to mail u one with a handle and have it machined. The handles are easily unscrewed if they are in the way.
If need be you can even drill out the hinges and i will have a local machinist help me instal new pins.
You could possibly even machine a mold cavity into your own aluminum bar stock to save us time and money if u wish. I could weld a hinge on later.
Like i said, we will just have to work and learn together.
Im not rich by any means but i should be able to start dumping $50 a week
>>
File: 20170613_094455.jpg (244KB, 788x734px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_094455.jpg
244KB, 788x734px
Idealy i would like the hoop for fishing line like the OP pic. Or maybe run a chanel down the middle for a 10 guage coper wire like some siners that go all the way through.

Don't know.

Some of these may not even be sinkers. I have made a few hood ornaments by green sand molding. I placed a bold in the cavity where i puled a plastic part out and casted lead in the cavity around the bolt head. Giving it threads.

The test oeice works but forming by hand is just a mess.

If i could lay bolts in a sinker mold and cast them it woukd be great.

I can crudely sketch out what i need if there are questions.

Pic related is an edited hood ornament with a bolt in it.

I will mail you a few for measurements if needed.
>>
>>1192871
Have you looked into various home casting methods, CNC services, or joining a hackerspace and learning to do it yourself?
>>
>>1192880
Live in BFE. No hakerspaces. Have built a trailer mounted foundry weight probably over 1 ton assembled.

Every room in my house is covered with mold making supolies and it seems that aluminum mokds with trash lead castings are ideal. All efforts to produce a quality mold have driven me into an autistic fit of rage. I am by no means a profectionist. But green sand casting these is beyond time consuming and poor quality.

CNC services. I have contacted about 50. Denial email or no contact.

I am about to resort to freehanding it with a dremek tool but i know it will be a time consuming wreck like my other attempts and i will likely need many sizes.

Sinkers arent my only goal and i woykd much prefer communicating with a professional that does things like this daily. I will go insane tryibg to so this on my own.

I tried to give it up but my customers reee.

Hard to turn down a demand like this.

So im here now. Risking my dickfarming career on a cartoon meme trading forum.
>>
File: 1493959536162.png (420KB, 1280x720px)
1493959536162.png
420KB, 1280x720px
>>1192875
l-lewd
>>
>>1192891
Kek. Yup.
>>
>>1192871
how close to the shape you provide does it need to be?

because you could pay a small manual shop to approximate the geometry
>>
File: inserts.jpg (594KB, 1690x950px) Image search: [Google]
inserts.jpg
594KB, 1690x950px
>>1192922
the reason I ask is if it's a complex geometry and you don't have a blueprint or 3d model of it, it's a real PITA to recreate accurately.

if it's got lots of curves it would be a PITA to recreate on a manual machine too, but you could hire someone to use a mill and approximate the shape decently well.

this implies tolerances of "close enough for a lead mold"
>>
File: inserts2.jpg (149KB, 848x771px)
inserts2.jpg
149KB, 848x771px
>>1192922
>>1192926
>>
>>1192887
Sounds like something that would be easy to make a spin cast mold for.
>>
>>1192922
Not very. Im mainly conscerned about proper weights and the fact that its an obvious (male body part)

Trial and error play a lot here bit aluminum bar stock isnt that expensice and if we need to run a few trial and error test peices thst is fine the problem is i live in the middle of nowhere so hours long car trips or shipping is going to play a factor. There is only 1 machinist in 50 miles...
>>
>>1192926
Has a few curves but nothing crazy. And they could be modified to make it easier to cut. Ive considered even doing a flat back to half the machining.
>>
>>1192935
Yeah but lead melts it and pewter is prety high
>>
>>1192966
>melts it
false
>>
>>1192964
>There is only 1 machinist in 50 miles
So why don't you or one of your friends own a lathe and mill, or nigger-rigged edm?
>>
>>1192969
This. If lead is somehow melting your rubber, you're using the wrong rubber.
>>
>>1192969
Well it melted the high temp silicone molds i tried and im not sure how to cast or press those ruber molds. Then i would have to build or buy a spinner.

I already know the sinker molds work pretty good and have a lead pot and tools ready
>>
>>1192971
Cause there is 1 guy with a shop in town with manual machines and said he couldnt do it.

And in 4 towns about 50 miles in any direction are large manufacturing facilities. Which i have contacted.

I fully plan of getting a lathe and drill press etc. But we are moving next uear and its just 1 more heavy ass machine to move.
>>
>>1192973
Well i havent been able to find or melt the proper rubber. I guess some google is in order. I want aware you could cast rubber.

How high temps can i cast into rubber?
>>
>>1192871
You can get parts 3d printed over the internet.
>>
>>1192978
Consider commissioning the sinker positives lathed in copper, and then building a small 1-5 liter EDM machine. It would certainly be less hassle than sending stuff out for post.
>>
>>1192984
I could but the glorified sinker mold method would work for other mediums as well. I have a few other ideas for soaps and candles and such. Silicone would probably work but aluminum molds master race
>>
@OP, give an email and I can probably help you out.
>>
>>1193021
Lemme see if i can make a phony right quick
>>
>>1193044
Ah! Just remembered. I got one bro.

Try [email protected]
>>
>>1192871
>>1192872
>>1192875
Have you tried looking up "metal shop" in your local phone book?
>>
Not spamming for anyones business. google accurate molds, NOE bullet molds. I have a couple NOE molds and I'm sure they would be more than happy to churn something out.

Accurate molds has a very large inventory
>>
File: chiseled1a.jpg (107KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chiseled1a.jpg
107KB, 1600x1200px
stop using rubbers and silicone to make molds for metal
use a 2part thermoset epoxy and fill it with a higher temp binder like graphite or something
or make one out of wood
>>
>>1192980
Look for thermoset plastics.
Specifically you want Epoxy Resin or Polyester Resin
>>
>>1193066
No. The nearest town is 20 miles away and i know every square inch of the ones surrounding those. Been here pretty much all 31 years of my life. And with the jobs and frie d's i have had I woukd know if some random bough any cbc gear. Even got a couple buddies one the FedEx and ups routs keeping an eye out for big deliveries so I can track machinists down.

That being said i will see if i can find a phone book tonight. Thanks
>>
>>1193070
Thank u anon. Will continue the hunt there
>>
>>1193070
Nice. Well, yet again I emailed a company requesting (adult novelty sinkers moulds.)

If these guy go through with it and dont BTFO me then I will mail u some sinkers son.

If u feel comfortable email [email protected] with a mailing address.

If not I thank you for your efforts.

#operationdickfarm
>>
>>1193386
You're telling everyone they're "adult novelty"? That sets off some automatic spam filters in their heads. Do they need to know what it is? Can't you just give them the shape and they make it? Or did you show it to them and then they said no?
>>
I have the same business idea
>>
>>1192871
>Mold machinist to make mood for making sinker molds
>Cast mold
>Have sinker mold
>???
>Profit
>>
File: IMG_2831.jpg (21KB, 343x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2831.jpg
21KB, 343x429px
>>1193531
Nice sentence structure my dude.
>>
>>1192980
Dont listen to these retards. You can use silicone material for this, look at a Smooth-On catalog and you'll get it. Polyester and plastc/epoxy shit will melt or burn.
Silicone won't last forever but it'll work for several molds.
>>
Are you telling people the dicks are dicks? Or do they say no after seeing them? No one needs to know what the abstract shapes are intended to represent. You can make up some stuff or say it's that way for its hydrodynamic properties. A penis doesn't need to be called a penis.
>>
File: IMG_2902.jpg (45KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2902.jpg
45KB, 613x533px
>>1193531
>>
>>1193531
can any machinists here make a machinist mold so i can make mood for making sinker molds?
>>
>>1193446
Well i mean, i have tried that approach then they want to know and its obviously becoming dickshaped. Then they BTFO me. Figured just openly saying adult novelty is the least perverted way.

I don't know. I'm about to easy another $60 for a 3rd time and try to cut and polish a mold cavity by hand.

I don't get why life is so hard. All i wanna do is sit around all day making dicks. Why can't I just buy some nolds.
>>
>>1193511
Orly? Well hop on board anon. I am here to blanket the world with dicks more than make money. Shit you not if i can break even I will mail u a setup and pay you piece work for dicks.

IF we ever get some mutherfucking molds.
>>
>>1193531
I have tried casting several. Have a lot of money invested.

Quality is shit.

All 5 foundries i can find told me fuckoff.
>>
>>1193547
I bought high temp silicone twice and melted it :(

It didn't make 1 before it started melting.

I believe my scrap lead has other higher melt metals in it. And cheapest pure lead i can get is $2.50 a pound or so. Doesnt leave much room for profit unless i can crank them out.

Even if i could get it to work I'm really after an aluminum mold. I do thank you tho
>>
>>1193652
Both.

Neither seems to matter. And not saying they are dicks just gets someone half way into the design process and pissed them off. Prolonging my being ignored or hopes being let down.
>>
Do you know about all the casting methods involving silicone, wax, styrofoam, sand?
>>
>>1193965
forgot to include plaster in that list
>>
>>1193968
Yeah. Casting sucks horse cocks. Time consuming and shit product. Consumables like plaster get expensive to the point i really just want a fucking mold machined.
>>
>>1194134
It's good enough for woodwind instrument parts. You can cast aluminum that way, and then you have an aluminum mold.
>>
>>1193954
Maybe you're overheating it.

There is also a lead/tin or something alloy that was used for linotype machines, there is a lot of that stuff in the scrap market so if you were not careful, it could be that.
>>
>>1194143
I tried a few times and failed. Then tore my foundry apart to build a forge. Maybe i could head over to alloyavenuenetwork and see if one of those guys can cast and polish one.

I really hate to build a 5th foundry just to melt my beard off and be dissapointed.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170609-092006.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170609-092006.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>1194145
I had a laser thermometer but was all over the place. I did find one for my pot thats to the noe anon. As suspected they just ignored my custom mold request but i found this.

I guess i didn't save a copy. Here is some work in progress. My new lab is the kitchen counter because im out of room for making dicks in the man cave.

My wife and parents sure are proud...
>>
>>1192871
I have a CNC Machine but I need to know what it is to program it.
>>
>>1192983
This man is correct. I think shapeways will even let you make 3D metal parts. You may want to clean them up later though, i.e. ream out hinge pin holes and sand some surfaces flatter.
>>
File: 20170320_221014.jpg (382KB, 847x833px)
20170320_221014.jpg
382KB, 847x833px
>>1194272

Essentially these or something close to it.

Ideally I would like to simultaneously cast a hole in it So I dont have to be tugging on copper wires.

If that is too much of a pain then a simple channel through it large enough for solid 10 guage copper wire to lay is fine. You cast and in a few seconds the lead sets and you can pull the wire out. Leaving a hole through it. This may be ideal i don't know.

These are flat backed. Anything close to this would be amazing.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you'd like to try and work something out.

I can mail you some better quality plastic and lead replicas and some of the wire if u need.

Whatever makes it easier for you and cheaper for me. I'm open to any suggestions anon.
>>
>>1194322
Thank u
>>
>>1194272
Also if the initial run works out i have several hundred pounds of lead already just waiting to sell. I need to upgrade my ingot process bit it should take less than a day and $100 bucks. Then I'm ready to mass produce.

Also Many more sizes and variations if you are interested. Gonna try and run tgis operation at cost until I can throw down cash for a small shed to work out of and hire a buddy.
>>
File: Untitled3.jpg (369KB, 1183x803px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.jpg
369KB, 1183x803px
>>1194606
>>1194272
>>
Let's be honest we all know why you want these lead weight shaped like dicks your casting bullets for your sexual assault rifle
>>
>>1192871
I'm your man, op. The only condition is that my payment consists of flogging your bare buttocks with a cat o' nine tails.

You see, I am a sado-machinist.
>>
>>1192976
>im not sure how to cast or press those ruber molds.
You just have to vulcanize them. Here's a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70QGqNMPZJw&t=22s
>>
>>1195393
Thank you anon
>>
>>1195330
I am sure you don't want me anon. I'm over 250 pounds and been married for half my life to a woman. But thanks
>>
>>1194876
No anon. 12 guage slugs are next tho.

>local news headline
>man penetrated by homeowners dick in self defense dies.

Sales go thru the roof.

Gag gift if nothing else. Inaccurate as shit.
>>
>>1194779
ANON DID U MAKE THIS ORBFIND THIS PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
>>
>>1194779
YUS! DICKS WHEN
>>
File: spurdo clap dance.gif (393KB, 342x342px)
spurdo clap dance.gif
393KB, 342x342px
>>1194876
Well done sir.
>>
>>1194779
Anon i have looked everywhere. Please, did u draw this or is it a real mold.

Legit buying a 3rd blank mold to ruin with a dremel tool. I am simply out of options...
>>
go to one of the cnc specific boards on reddit
upload files showing design
offer to pay someone to make metal or wood molds

a lot more people have equipment capable of carving wood; more chance of someone actually willing to do it
>>
>>1197332
Thank you anon. I will see what i can do.
>>
>>1192872
Do you have a solid model? I have feature cam and can do this, our shop rate is $50/hr for cam work and $90/hr for cnc work 30 minimum cam time and 15 minute cnc setup time. Someone just got a 1.365" lead ball mold made from aluminum and it was $100.
>>
>>1198056
Well shaft.

I just bow got a reply to my email. But i would be more than happy to work with you on another one soon.

I've spent so long trying to find someone to do this i will take all of the help i can get.

I'll gladly buy from both of you in a few weeks.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you anon.
>>
>>1198056
>>
Anon, go to /r/machinists, more traffic there. post the pic of the plastic dicks, along with. It's not a hard job, and the geometry seems easy enough.

If you are willing to supply the mod base, that would be even better. Half tempted to ask my boss if he wants to do it
>>
>>1198180
Well i got a few people interested but feel free to hit up that email. I dont have a ton of money right now but i have a metric dickton of lead and a bunch of people hounding me for sinkers.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.