[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty broken phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: KIMG0404.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0404.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I got this broken phone in a lot at a yard sale. It seems to work fine other than the screen. The top of the screen works (I can swipe down), but I can't unlock it because the bottom doesn't work.

Is there any way I (not the most technically inclined person) can get some use out of this?
>>
File: KIMG0406.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0406.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
Phone is a Blu Studio 6.0 LTE
>>
Throw it out and get a reliable flip phone.
>>
You don't have to be technical to replace a screen.
>>
You could put it in your ass.
>>
>>1192787
So step one would be to open it and make sure the cables connecting the screen to the phone are securely connected you'll need the security screwdriver, you can get them easily with a battery replacement kit (and you'll probably want one sooner or later) for like $10. Watch a video, many phones you can't open the screen more than 90 degrees or you snap the cables and need a new screen anyway.
If it's not the cable, then yeah you need a new touchscreen.
You can get a replacement touch screen digitizer, which is the glass touchscreen, for abt $15 off eBay, or you can get that AND a new LCD screen for abt $35.
It's apparently kind of tricky to install just the digitizer. YouTube is your friend.
>>
>>1192787
Plug in a USB OTG cable and plug a mouse into that. Then you can install termux and use it as a small server or something.
>>
The digitizer is broken, the crack you see on the front glass also applies to the digitizer below. Get the LCD+Digitizer parts, those are fused together, so replacing just the digitizer and top glass will be way more work than just replacing the LCD combo. Get yourself some red tape, 1 mm and 5mm thickness, so you can tape the screen down. You can also get the part from Blu Phone Parts, which is the oem distributor, but they will be a little more expensive.

I don't recommend repairing this, it is a 3 year old shitphone made for people that need a phone, but can't afford a good one. I know it is a rebadged phone, I just don't remember the original manufacturer of that device. Blu doesn't make phones, they rebadge other manufacturers' phones. My Blu Vivo 5 is a rebadged LeEco Le1S. Get yourself something better, like the LePro3, or anything that purports to be a flagship. If you aren't in the US, that 60$ you would spend on a lcd could be a third of a Xiaomi Mi 5 or a good Meizu.
>>
I actually don't want to spend money on it. I have a phone already that works fine. I was just wondering if there was an easy way to repair it or at least unlock it without the touch screen.

Could I somehow link a Bluetooth mouse or game controller to it without the touch screen?
>>
>>1192815
This is a fair plan. I'll look into this.
>>
Plug in an OTG cable and then plug in a USB mouse. The drivers should come standard on the device.
>>
>>1192843
This.
>>
Phone repair guy here, either the digitizer is fucked or the cable is loose.

You can either buy this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BLU-Studio-6-0-LTE-Y650Q-Part-Assembly-Touch-Digitizer-LCD-Screen-Display-WH-/332186803347?hash=item4d57e05c93:g:Ef8AAOSw3ZRY9cF

or open up the phone and see if the cable is just loose and plug it back in if thats the case

I couldn't find any videos on it, but I found this on ifixit https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/233566/Blu+Studio+6.0+LTE+Repair+Guide

You'll also need the tools the open the thing, heres a kit with everything you'll ever need

https://www.amazon.com/Repair-Screwdrivers-Devices-DIYTool-2309A-Small/dp/B01HT1BW0E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497401438&sr=8-3&keywords=phone+repair+kit

If you got any other questions just ask
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.