[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a house from a family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tinyspace.jpg (12KB, 540x284px) Image search: [Google]
tinyspace.jpg
12KB, 540x284px
I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a house from a family member. 3/4 bedrooms are normal sized but the 4th has roughly these dimensions (about 40 sq ft) with a 9ft ceiling.

My current room (I'm still living with my folks) has a walk-in closet almost exactly the same size as that bedroom.

I've always been interested in living in small spaces, and using that bedroom would let me rent out 3 full sized bedrooms to pay for the house.

What is the most efficient way to set up a bedroom in such a small space? Are there any diy tricks/necessities to living in a small space like that?
>>
A prison cell is usually 6 x 8 ft. If you google pics you will see that there's pretty much only room for a desk and a twin bed. You could do a left bed or bed with storage under. It would probably be a turn off for girls if they ever see the twin bed tiny box room combo.
>>
>>1192656
*loft bed
>>
Dual purpose all furniture that you can, e.g. captain's style bed with storage underneath (if not doing a loft style) Desk/dresser combination if possible, wall mound any TVs/monitors.
Also make use of any natural light, otherwise it feels smaller than it is (and it is small).
Realistically, not a livable space unless you like the 85% of the floorspace being covered by your bed
>>
>>1192657

this for sure.

although as a landlord I will tell you that you are probably underestimating what you can charge for rent.

renting out the two other rooms, using another normal one for yourself, and just using the small one as a work out room or something else that they other tenants can use and enjoy might be more worthwhile.

I buy houses and rent them out. I usually charge 125% of the mortgage. so you can probably get away with charging each of them 40-50% of the mortgage and be breaking even and have a free place to stay while they are basically giving you equity every month. plus you dont have to pay taxes on it since you are breaking even.

but if you are dead set on living in a closet the loft bed is a solid idea.
>>
>>1192659
There's enough space in the rest of the house that this room wouldn't be anything otherwise. Maybe extra storage.
>>
>>1192661

what state are you in?

turn that shit into a grow room.
>>
>>1192666
Ohio

nice trips but nah
>>
File: prisoncell.png (22KB, 486x512px) Image search: [Google]
prisoncell.png
22KB, 486x512px
>>1192656
i dont know anon i think it's really going to be difficult to convince the landlord to install a loft bed. Frankly i feel really claustrophobic and there isn't enough space to put more tables so i can diy.
>>
>>1192639
Where do you live?

Less tha 70sq ft is not a bedroom in most places.
>>
Building code requires a bedroom to have a closet and a window with a legal egress. 20"x24" minimum with sill height not above 44" from the floor. Something to think about before carving up the rooms.
>>
If you want to see living in small spaces, look up japanese small apartments or minihouses. If you already are in japan no one will care. Make every piece of furniture serve at least 2 purposes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.