[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brick Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: oldbricks.jpg (105KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
oldbricks.jpg
105KB, 640x360px
I've got a bunch of old bricks, been taking the old mortar off with a chisel because acid is expensive as dicks and i don't want to take the beaten look off of the bricks. What are some convenient/ cool backyard things that I can make with a decent amount of brick? I don't want to do a firepit because we already have one.
>>
>>1191960
raised bed garden.
>>
>>1191960

Depending on how well the mortar was mixed you may be able to just give larger chunks a good whack with a hammer and it may separate cleanly
>>
>>1191960
I have no suggestions regarding what to do with em. But as someone who used to chi bricks to sell as reclaims I would recommend you use a hatchet to chip off the mortar. It's much faster and more efficient.
>>
>>1191960
My dad and I built a 15 ft bar in my parent's home basement. Brick front and foot rest, huge distressed timber top. A bar/food service area ads nice value.
>>
Don't think it will work on a vertical surface, but my grandad used to always clean off mortar by putting coke (most effective soda for some reason) in his pressure sprayer and spraying the bricks.

Just goes to show you, don't drink sweet tasting hydroxide no matter what it's being sold as.
>>
>>1191960
I need them for a sidewalk project.
You should give them to me.
>>
>>1191960
Seal a monk in a room and see if he writes some crazy fucking books.
>>
>>1191960
Pizza oven
>>
>>1192020
This. A bar is fucking cool to have with some friends over and it will increase the value of your home. Failing that, do a landscaped garden around your yard using the bricks as a restraining wall 3 bricks high and half a foot deep.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.