[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voltmeter connected to a consumer powerbank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 9040198_orig.jpg (160KB, 1100x620px) Image search: [Google]
9040198_orig.jpg
160KB, 1100x620px
So considering the output and input always show 5V (in and out) and I want to know at any given time the current charge of the cell/cells inside a powerbank, I was thinking of getting a cheap voltage display (those that only shows the volts to the thing connected to it) and put it in parallel between the two wires that connect the cells to the powerbank's circuit board. Would that work? Would the display work even when charging / discharging? Would that damage it? Should I put it in series instead? Thanks.
>>
>put it in parallel between the two wires that connect the cells to the powerbank's circuit board. Would that work?
Yes.
>Would the display work even when charging / discharging?
Yes
>Would that damage it?
No. A good volt meter has high impedence and has very little effect on circuits.
>Should I put it in series instead?
No, series is to measure current and would require a low impedence Amp meter
>>
File: v1 powerbank.png (19KB, 1000x572px) Image search: [Google]
v1 powerbank.png
19KB, 1000x572px
>>1191689
I meant something like this, to attach to the dash of my car (I'm not connecting it to the car's main battery, but instead to a powerbank that it's supposed to be hidden behind the radio):
https://www.amazon.com/RioRand-Waterproof-Digital-Voltmeter-Motorcycle/dp/B009XQKCQY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1497198590&sr=8-10&keywords=volt+meter

And the setup would be like pic related
Instead of splicing the wires, I was thinking of soldering the voltmeter in parallel directly on the terminals of the circuit board, it shouldn't matter right?
>>
>>1191685
literally buy a $1 volt meter and connect the red wire to the red one and the blue/black one to the blue/black one
>>
>>1191711
Yes that's the plan

How much current would you say it would draw? Can I keep it on 24/7 (on a 10000mah powerbank)? Or should I add some sort of button in series to toggle it on only when I need it?
>>
>>1191714
check up the specs of the voltmeter how much current it draws
>>
>>1191714
Yes you better put interrupter in serie with display. You can also change/place a resistor in serie with display to limit current if it is possible
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.