[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resources on RC Plane construction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 572126401_736[1].jpg (117KB, 900x502px) Image search: [Google]
572126401_736[1].jpg
117KB, 900x502px
I am intending to construct a scaled RC plane out of balsawood.
However I have no good way of starting, as I have no answers to my many questions.

How can I budget this project.
What blueprints should I follow.
What components should I looking for.
Where is a good place to purchase them.
How can I determine what component is suited for X project.

I have determined already that the powerplant I would like to use is Nitro.

Even though I am an avid fan of WW2 planes, I am fine with not starting with a scaled historical model. Something to build like the one in the OP would be ok.

So any help DIY?
>>
>have specific question there are literally 17 different online communities filled with resources to comb through and learn
>go to /diy/ and shit up the place
checks out

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-airplanes-226/
>>
>>1191348
Pretty much everybody who works at every HobbyTown left on earth builds RC planes, and you're gonna have to go there to get parts. Talk to the one with the biggest beard and oldest overalls.
>>
File: niglet wo dad.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
niglet wo dad.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
>>1191348

Just just do electric, its cheaper and easyr and more performance these days.
>>
>>1191348
Look up Flite Test foam board quick build plans. They have loads of tips on the forums as well.
>>
>>1191348
I'd start by getting all the active components and put them on $5 foam trainers before spending time on something I'd care about losing.
>>
>>1191609
Just noticed you're flying with gas. Needs to be solid from the start then. You may regret getting nitro for your first plane.
>>
>>1191426
It's a amazing how good electric has gotten. It used to be people were impressed by a plane that could go helicopter, but now it's nothing.
>>
>>1191348
We should start a reoccurring thread for general RC discussion. That would be cool! Then anyone who wanted to discuss this subject could check the catalog to avoid making duplicate threads on a slow board.
>>
>>1191620
The quadcopter general used to double as a /rcg/, but nobody checks the catalog and mods don't do shit so we'd always get people starting new threads even when there was a general on the frontpage
>>
>>1191629
The thread that died for this new one was long forgotten anyways. Dont know why I complained. More RC the better. Maybe oldfags respect protocol and are bothered when /diy/ers refuses to properly use the tools provided. Like catalogs
>>
>>1191655
There is already an RC general thread going on.
here >>1178182
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.