[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ransomware -_-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So I owed a friend help for a while and they come up to get help to cover what i owe instead.
her lil brother got ransomware on his phone (not wanna cry) and wants to know how to get rid of it. she said theres nothing important on it so a hard reset would be fine, but she cant do anything on it. so she asked me to help because she couldnt find it on google, but im admitedly horrible with phones. anyone know what to do if there even is anything to do? i can provide any information needed.
>>
File: 1453909021279.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1453909021279.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>Director James Comey
>>
>>1190447
luckily there is a method to restore that works on all phones ever made on all carriers running any operating system and all platforms.

oh, no, wait...there isn't.
maybe start with what fucking phone it is.
>>
In all seriousness, we need to know the model. Most Android phones have a hardware configuration that allows you to do a factory reset at boot up. On most, you just hold down the power button and the volume down button. There's also a software utility for most phones that allow you to factory restore the phone.
>>
>>1190447
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-recover-bricked-android-phone/

If you are a jamal, then mind that the phone will be useless and you should return it. The cell providers ban your IMEI so it won't work, even if you change sims.
>>
OP here
its an android
either a galaxy J7 or S4
>>
>>1190474
http://androidflagship.com/400-boot-galaxy-s4-download-recovery-mode
>>
>>1190478
Thanks man, youre a lifesaver
god damn ransomware is a pain in the ass
>>
>>1190484
Why didnt you just google it. I could found that out in litterly 5 minutes. Stop asking otherpeople to goolge stuff for you lazy ass
>>
>>1190455
t. Retard
Android allows you to anything. If you Have an unlocked bootloader you van even change/soof your imei. IPhone fags BTFO
>>
>>1191949
Yeah but that takes some work and knowledge which a random jamal wouldn't have. Look at this faggot asking other people to basically google how to control alt delete on an android phone for him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.