[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mounting a gun on a wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: m-and-p-15-sport-ii-10202.jpg (175KB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
m-and-p-15-sport-ii-10202.jpg
175KB, 1500x850px
Hi, first time on your lovely board; nice to be here.

I wish to mount a firearm on the wall of my bedroom (above the window so it's out of sight from outside), it weighs about 3.5 kg (8lbs) and I'm thinking of a two point mount, one behind the grip and one under the gas block.

what are some recommendations for strong DIY wall fixtures? :)

Thanks for any help.
>>
>Equip bayonet.
>Chuck gun at wall so it sticks.
>Enjoy wall mount.
>>
>>1190370
I did say thanks for any help, so i thank you for that
>>
>>1190362
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tornado-30-lb-Steel-Ladder-Hook-48044/202639949

something like this
>>
>>1190362
Get a 3'-4' 1x6, put rifle on it "artistically," locate where you want dowels (under gas block and behind grip -- not exactly artistic OP...), Use 3/8"-1/2" drill to drill for corresponding 2"-3" dowels. Insert dowels with glue. Let glue dry, attach 1x6 to wall studs where you want it (toggle bolts though drywall would probably be enough, but hey, the sturdier the better), put rifle on dowels. Bonus points for slathering 1x6 in finish or paint.
>>
Put anchors into wall.
Weld rifle to anchors.
>>
>>1190362
> it weighs about 3.5 kg (8lbs)
>what are some recommendations for strong DIY wall fixtures? :)

Why do you need strong fixtures for something this light?
>>
>>1190706
Why do you need to use kg when you're talking about a gun?
>>
>>1190362
Anything will hold 8 lbs, you also dont specify wall material.
>>
>>1190373
But, Anon, it's actually a pretty solid mount.
>>
>>1190362
/k/ here.

Ask us next time.

https://www.amazon.com/Jaco-Enterprises-ar15-wall-mount/dp/B06XWNJW33
>>
Buy an actual gun safe from craigslist or an estate sale. No "fire safe" bullshit from costco or a catalog. Mounting a rifle on your wall is fucking gay and will be the first thing stolen when anyone breaks into your home.
>>
>>1190362
just take the mirror off of an old dresser and hang a few there.
>>
>>1190996
The other thought now is that traditional safes aren't really a deterrant to a crook that wants in. When cut off grinders and carbide saws and shit were rare or expensive or unheard of, having a big 700 pound safe was great.

Now the guy is still going to get inside it if he brought the right tool and a fresh battery.

On the other hand you can buy a gun cabinet to keep them safe, and bolt it down to keep a quick grab from walking off with it.
>>
>>1191008
Most burglars don't have power tools because they've sold everything they can get to buy meth or heroin. Hence why they're risking jail or getting shot breaking into houses.
>>
>>1190362
>mounting a gun on a wall
I guess you could do that.
>>
>>1191015
A burglar who would bring a power tool into your house either knows that you have no neighbors or is your neighbor. No burglar with sense would do that in a dense neighborhood.
>>
>>1190362
Just make or buy one of these. They make them rifle size,hides it in plane sight and easy to get to. I dont recommend buying them as they over charge bad
>>
>>1190710
Knows his units?
>>
>>1191075

most burglaries happen between 10am and 3pm when no one will raise an eyebrow to an unknown vehicle entering and exiting your driveway and making loud noises. your neighbors aren't home.
>>
Layers of defense.

A safe, a real safe not a 11gage steel pretty box ( like the livery safes). a tl-15 or tl-30 safe.

A monitored alarm system.

Good locks,

Insurance
>>
>>1191075
No need to bring them. Most homes have what you need to break into amything.
>>
>>1190370
Best solution so far
>>
>>1191269
Adopt a kid and let him be NEET
>im NEET, and there is someone home 95% of the time, and there is someone awake at pretty much every hour
>>
Have you tried watching Home Alone? You can copy the mounting system from that.
>>
>>1190370
>>1190373
Oh shit
>drill big hole
>stick bayonet in
>fill with cement
>ebin excalibur gun on my wall
>>
>>1191153
Any details or tutorials? Knowing my luck I'd have issues with the back hitting the wall when it descends.
>>
>>1191362
If you cant use google and your imagination just buy one, if i have to baby feed you instructions on how to make one you probably cant do it
>>
I got some black surgical rubber tubing cut one to length to fit around barrel one to fit around narrow part of stock. Then trimmed a half inch off each end. I threaded some 550 cord, (para cord) through the tubing and used 2 of those springloaded cord clasp to cinch it tight. Pointed in a few nails and hung cord on the nails. If ya we want it super secure maybe a few hooks in the studs would work better for you.
>>
>>1191342
>Home invader killed by an actual king.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.