[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to use 6000 - 7500 volts on a Microwave Magnetron?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Magnetron1.jpg (12KB, 220x273px) Image search: [Google]
Magnetron1.jpg
12KB, 220x273px
I have a magnetron from a common microwave oven, the power supply in the oven was broken, but I have a new one.

My replacement power supply is between 6000 volts and 7500 volts.

I'm worried that this is too high and may damage the magnetron.

Is it an acceptable operating range for a magnetron?
>>
>>1190016
how do you know the power level of him?
>>
>>1190019
what?
>>
>>1190020
you know the power level of the common but not the broken
how?
>>
>>1190016
What does the capacitor have as its rating? That is what will determine what gets through to your magnetron. If you replace the cap, get the same rated cap. The MOT should be as close to the cap as possible.
>>
Remember if you screw around with a magnetron and accidentally boil your eyeballs you have no one to blame but yourself... use caution with that..
>>
>>1190064
stop watching B movies
>>
>>1190065
>eyes
>mostly water
>microwave emitter designed to excite water
... wew
>>
>>1190065
It's admittedly a worst case scenario, But i know a bit about waveguides, magnetrons, and the general amount of energy in a couple thousand watts to think that I don't know enough to safely play around with magnetrons...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.