[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lil toy gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Posted this about 10 mins ago, didn't see it come up, maybe it didn't post

Anyway! I'm thinking about a small woodworking project, a toy full scale Desert Eagle, made of wood, obviously not able to shoot, I'm in Canada, they would send bears. Anyway, I'm looking for a way to make the slide move when the trigger is pulled, maybe springs or rubber bands? Anybody have a decent (not too advanced) idea?

Thanks guys.
>>
>>1189946
You will need power if you want:
A: the slide to return to position
B: the whole action to be repeatable without manually reseting the mechanism.

Make one that doesn't move first before worrying about the rest.
>>
>>1189946
You should so paint that black and run up pointing it at cops. They love that prank.
>>
>>1189951
I was hoping not to get into power, would it take any amount of skill? I don't know much about electronics.
>>1189954
Hell yeah man, why wouldn't I?
>>
>>1189951

It could be designed so the trigger itself moves the slide back, slide attached to spring, when trigger mechanism slips off the contact point to the slide it would snap back in to place. Shouldn't be too complicated. Main tricky bit is to make it so it resets properly on its own.
>>
>>1189951
>2012
>not familiar with double action
wew lad, fuck off.

>>1189960
You don't need power, all you need are springs.
>>
>>1189967
Ah alrighty, doesn't seem too complex, didn't think of that.

Would it be fastest to cut out layers out of plywood, or would it be easier to carve the whole thing out of a block of wood?
>>
>full scale
I'm thinking that the main problem is that this guy is not going to be able to find measurements.
ITAR regulations.
Otherwise enjoy paying out the ass for a Deagle brand deagle.
Consider starting with a cheaper gun. Like a hi-point. It'll probably shoot better than a hi-point too.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.