[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garbage Disposal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: garbage.png (487KB, 1599x543px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
487KB, 1599x543px
I unfortunately can not burn my trash anymore due to local ordinances.

I have never paid much attention to how much trash my family makes. How much trash does /diy/ make?

I need to pick a trash can size by tomorrow. I am leaning towards the 64 gal, but I have no idea.
>>
>>1189479
How often is the pick up?
>>
We have ~60 gallon bins. Three adults.

90% of the time we don't need that much, but every now and again I'll end up with a bunch of packing material to throw in the recycle bin, or I'll clean out the garage and have a bunch of scrap wood and crap to chuck in the garbage. Aside from those two instances, it's rare for us to even half fill the recycle bin. The garbage bin usually has no more than two half-full 10-gallon bags at the bottom by the time it gets taken out.

If you live alone, you should easily be able to get by with the 35 gallon bins.
>>
>>1189479
>How often is the pick up?
weekly

>>1189487
>I'll end up with a bunch of packing material
this is my concern.

It will just be my wife and me, so we could probably get by with the 35 gal, but I think we will go with the 60
>>
>>1189479
>burn my trash
bunch of savages in this town

nothing better than 80 degree days without AC and having to smell people burning crap
>>
>not allowed to burn trash any more
>have to buy a garbage bin
You Americans have it better than you think. I'm not even allowed to have a garbage bin any more, everything has to be sorted for recycling. It means I dread to open my kitchen sink cupboard, because it stinks. I have to put my plastics, paper/wood/cardboard and food waste in separate bins, and because I live alone the food waste bag takes forever to fill up, so it's rotten and vile and infested.
If I don't do it and they catch me, it's a huge fine, and they would catch me because this is like priority one for the Swedish police. And when I finally go to toss it, the neighbourhood waste sorting station hasn't been emptied for over a month, so I'm forced to either take my trash back home or drive to the municipal waste station, where I'm only allowed to leave thrash for free four times a year (it costs the equivalent of three big macs each time after that). It's a massive fine if I just leave the trash bag in front of the waste sorting station.
Environmentalism is a slippery slope. Don't let it happen to you too!
>>
>>1189512
>Don't let it happen to you too!
Don't worry, didn't you hear we killed that Paris agreement? It's a good thing we voted for Trump, he stands for good old fashioned family values like being able to toss your trash anywhere you feel like and not being able to breath air without a gas mask.
>>
>>1189512
>I live alone the food waste bag takes forever to fill up

can't you apply for some refugees?
>>
>>1189512
>I'm not even allowed to have a garbage bin any more
SWEDEN, YES!
sounds fairly overboard, desu - but, cant you ditch the food shit as compost somewhere? Not flesh, obv. (rats, and more fucking rats) - but, must be a garden in dumping distance, somewhere - compost piles are righteously eco-friendly and all that shit as well.
>>
>>1189522
Nowhere nearby. You're not allowed to have them in the city because of all the vermin they'd attract, and probably because people don't want to have to see them. I could go to the suburbs and ask if I can put my trash in someone elses' compost pile, but that's literally impossible because I'd have to talk to a stranger and that's just not done here.
>>
>>1189527
>You're not allowed because vermin they'd attract
Actually, they really (no, really) don't, as long as you are not fuck retarded and avoid chucking meat in, as suggested, not unless you consider worms vermin ? Actually thought the Swedes were more intelligent, desu, is dissapoint.
>I'd have to talk to a stranger
Yeah, i can see, its problematic ;)
>>
>>1189531
>as long as you are not fuck retarded
I'm not, but plenty of people are. Just two months ago a block of tenements had to be evacuated and renovated because some idiot poured water on burning grease and then simply fled instead of, say, calling the fire department. City doesn't trust people.
>>
90% of my trash is composted or recycled. I have a fuck ton of blue bins. They charge for waste bins.
>>
Where I the garbage disposal service comes by twice a week at 6 am. I have to carry my garbage to the corner and empty it inside of the truck.

I decided to reduce the ammount of trash I produced because im lazy.

So, make a bin for paper, cardboard, etc. and start making paper mache. Its super easy and you can make almost anything.

Save all PET container and use them for storing home made vinegar/wine/etc.

Make a vermicompost. Use a large trash container with a lid, and fill it with fruit and vegetable scraps, cut into small bits.

Before all this I took out my trash twice a week, now I do it once a month. Also, since then I have made a large batch of compost im gonna use in my garden, a paper mache drum, piggy bank and am currently making a paper mache sofa.
>>
>>1189479
>I unfortunately can not burn my trash anymore

What sort of filthy 3rd worlder are you? Everyone is better off now that you cant send toxins into the air any more. Get civilized like the rest of us.
>>
My can is blue, but I have trouble believing it's 96 gallons.

The 2 of us fill it up about every other week. Some families in the neighborhood have 2 cans every week. I can't imagine that.
>>
>>1189479
I wouldn't get the green one just because it could be confused for recycling. The small would be enough for four of me, on average, maybe not peak. How much more does the blue cost?
>>
>>1189479
I fill one 30-gal bag once every 2-3 weeks at most.
>>
>>1189479
You getting one bin, or three?
then, basically, it depends what (and how much) you NEED to pay for. Small waste bin (BLACK) = small charge (usually), but, if you want to upgrade that later, to say, big waste bin (= big charge), also usually not a problem, tho, they may also charge you one-off for the larger bin. Where you need to watch, say, blue (recycling) is free (as in, emptied free of weekly charge) - if you take a small one there, and that proves too small, you can scream till your blue in the face getting them to upgrade that outside the 'changeover request' period. You request a small 'free' bin, you'll get stuck with it.

So, if it costs, get as small as possible, if its free (blue and green?) get as big as possible. Or two. But if you can get 3 bins (Black, Blue, Green), and you only need to pay for one (Black), take the free ones also, you learn sorting quick when it costs you otherwise.
>>
>>1189479
Can never fins one big enough...
>>
>>1189517
Does it still hurt snowflake?
>>
File: truth.jpg (109KB, 650x351px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
109KB, 650x351px
>>1190653
>>
really? so aside from recycling and vegetation waste what else do you create a lot of? none of it should be going to landfill
>>
>>1190848
:^)
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 124x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 124x144px
>>1190653
>>1190653
who will ne the next SCOTUS judge be? I think Sarah Palin :-) You are losing shitlib :-) Go die without health insurance:-) Global Warming, Hope Africans and Muz burn up :-) Make America WHITE again! :-) We stole the election and didn't even have 50% :-) Mexicans..tthey gotta go back! :-)
>>
File: 1361983416127.jpg (135KB, 780x500px) Image search: [Google]
1361983416127.jpg
135KB, 780x500px
>>1190653
>I can't tell anymore if it's a pol shitposting as a lib or a real lib genuinely whining about shit.
>>
>>1189479
Are you allowed cooking fires?
>>
>>1191010
I swear that picture originally had the backhoe he used in it. Am I losing it?
>>
>>1189512
It's the same across the bay. Smaller food waste bin? Problem solved... You are out from your apartment quite often anyway, just empty it more often.

Throwing food waste in the so called land fills (which we incidentally don't really have anymore, thanks to civilisation) is a shit idea. They produce methane and besides it being a bad greenhouse gas (worse than CO2) when a landfill burns it smells quite bad. And they too often self-combust.
>>
>>1191456
False memory.
>>
>>1191456
Your not the only one that remembers it.
>>
Very very little; at best I've produced 0 bags of general waste over a two week period (not counting cat poop/liter). Everything else was recyclable.
>>
I just drive to the county dump and throw my trash away. As much as I want as often as I want and pretty much anything I want.
For free.
You city folk have it rough, sorting and separating garbage.
>>
you can burn them with liquid fire >>1189270
>>
>>1189479
you can make fertilizer from organic waste which is generally more than 50% of the waste
>>
>>1191456
>>1191645
>>1191652
I thought it was in there too....

And can't op just get a garbage disposal for his sink and shred all the food waste and just worry about shit like paper?
>>
>>1189479
Family of 5 here. We have two ~60 carts and they are regularly full by weekly pick-up. My father and I like to do a lot of carpentry and random projects.

If you're talking general garbage, then a single 64 would be your best bet.
>>
>>1189512

>Waste sorting station full

Just ram it in bruh. Or throw it on top.

If they apply laws and can't keep up they are obligated to re-evaluate
>>
>>1191912
Garbage disposals are a very American thing. You aren't allowed to put food waste in the sewers in many locations because of the obvious pest problems....
>>
>>1189479
I have the medium and I stuff maybe 10-15 garbage bags in that shit. Sides will be warping and the dump man uses a fucking crowbar everytime to get my trash out. Every Thursday he looks at the house with his sunglasses on and shakes his head.
>>
>>1189512

Convert to Islam and move to Rinkeby, they won't hand out fines there.
>>
>>1189512
>swedish police prioritising hunting people who try to get rid of their garbage over getting rid of all the muslim terrorists
I'm not surprised. Move to a better country.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.