[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this safe? I don't have health insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: 20170606_120314.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_120314.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Is this safe? I don't have health insurance
>>
File: 20170606_121138.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_121138.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
Nasty stuff, especially oleum.

Fumes can burn skin.

I'd fraction it off into smaller containers and take it slow.

Make sure area is well ventilated and you have an escape route.

Gloves and face shield, if not OVAG rated respirator too.
>>
File: 20170606_121544.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_121544.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1189276
I live on the 7th floor and they bolted the windows shut a few years ago when rent increased and 2 people jumped.

Is closing the door and turning the a.c on good enough?

I also don't have ANY ppe but some latex gloves and my work gloves
>>
Sounds sketchy as shit. I would avoid it.
>>
>>1189282
>Is closing the door and turning the a.c on good enough?
yes this is what laboratory do
>>
What the hell is that stuff, looks like death in a bottle. This is sold to any joe blow?
>>
>>1189325
It's called liquid fire.

Yea, apparently.

I didn't need any special license to buy it. Just 9 dollars

You might have to be 18 or 21, Not sure. They didn't ask for my license or any special permit
>>
If your AC doesn't blow outside air inside (most don't have a vent option) then it's fairly useless.

Pour the shit GENTLY into your clogged drain and go for a long walk. It works very well.

Have a bucket of clean water mixed with baking soda for instant washing if you spill it, but don't spill it.

Wear gloves.
>>
>>1189325
https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Liquid-Drain-Opener-Remover/dp/B00LNG7LMA

Apparently I got a good deal on it, I only paid 9 bucks with tax.

It also worked great, I had to use the entire bottle instead of the suggested half pint though.
>>
>>1189331
Dude it worked AMAZING.

Probably 10x better then draino and boiling water.

The whole bathroom filled with toxic fumes and the smell of burning hair though. I literally couldn't breath as soon as I opened the bathroom door.....If you locked someone in there they would surely die.

I would defiantly recommend this stuff for clogged drains. Wayyy better then draino or those lye crystals
>>
>>1189335
you can do mechanical cleaning of the drain. a little dirtier but safer than those chemical shit
>>
>>1189342
I wish I could!

There doesn't seem to be an access panel to it. On the other side of the wall is a bedroom and there is just one solid piece of drywall. I'm not sure how you would go about getting access to the pipes to the tub...

I've tried everything to clean this drain. It's been a huge pain in my ass since I moved here. I couldn't snake it because the metal louvers covering the drain (like to keep rings and large pieces of soap out) and it's so rusted it won't unscrew with all the pb blaster in the world. So I tried draino and boiling water. That kinda helped...Then I tried snaking it with a coat hanger. Idk what size the pipe is but it seemed like I couldn't get the fucking coat hanger to turn 90. I think it makes two 90's before going down so that might explain why that didn't work. Then I tried some type of brand of green and metal colored lye crystals...That kinda helped. More so then draino, But caused toxic fumes and I had a bad cough for a solid week because of the smoke and fumes pouring out of my bathroom.

This stuff has worked way better then any of that
>>
>>1189270
>>1189273
Jesus shit, there are better ways to kill yourself OP.
>>
>>1189270
>Is this safe?
If you have to ask then it is NOT safe.

There ar many ways it can kill of hurt you. Just to give one example of how you can be caught out by surprise: it is heavy. That is right. A lot of dead or damaged people picked up this thinking it would be as heavy as water since it is liquit, right? It is very heavy and many lot the grip, the bottle fell on the floor and they got splashed.

>>1189282
>Is closing the door and turning the a.c on good enough?
I really hope you are joking, if not you sure should stay away from this. AC is mostly recirculating the air, not getting fresk air in and evacuating fumes. And a fume extractor has to be made to withstand aggressive acides like, well, what you have got there.

>>1189325
A lot of insanely dangerous stuff is sold over the counter.

And people die.
>>
>>1189282
>>1189316
If it's a window mounted unit, all it does is recirculate the interior air. He'll kill himself if any significant fumes are created.
>>
>>1189350
Use a snake.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170322-142713.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-142713.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>1189282
They cant legally do that? Alsl no. Ac recirculates air. Boil a bunch of water. Dump a bottle down the drain, dump hot water inabout 15 seconds after and beware of explosive hotwater and acid coming back at u.

As a potential role model i advocate the use of liquid fire. I advicate it.

Also, you gotan old shirt and another bottle?
>>
>>1189316
What? ....no
>>
>>1189330
Topkek. I got like 12 bottles on hand always cause fuck my pipes and tree roots and life
>>
File: Screenshot_20170422-040310.png (543KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170422-040310.png
543KB, 1080x1920px
>>1189332
I always use the whole bottle. Dont fucking drip on carpet or a rug
>>
>>1189335
2nd.

Litterally spent hindreds of dollars on every chemical in town i could think of. From cheap off brand to draino and none worked. I am on hour from a descent store and didnt wanna go.

Local store gets liquid fire in. Try 1 bottle. Bought the case.

Draino can suck my 1 inch dick
>>
>>1189363
Nah. May as well go down being a man and handling your own shit then having a heart attack on the phone cucking yourself to a plumbist
>>
>>1189380
Meh

I have inhaled far more of thos shit than most. (Used it to clean oilfield parts.)

It was outside but cool morbings or a fog would drag that shit in wuth yiu and about put you down.

Just stay calm, get air, and dont hyperventilate or RIP.

I felt like shit the next day a couple times and had a cough from hell but 15 years latter i havent noticed the cancer yet.
>>
>>1189383
Holy fuck lol

That did that to your shirt? No i only bought one bottle. I'm going to buy a few more because it works so well and It's so cheap tomorrow.

Also my landlord is an absolute madman. He never even considers the laws when doing shit.

He even barred up the windows on the first 2 floors lol
>>
>>1189389
This.
>>
File: 20170606_154724.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_154724.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Holy shit, i just noticed it actually burned though the metal grating and some of the metal ring is pitted where rust used to be.

Damn, lucky i didn't spill this shit.
>>
File: Two_Face_6711.jpg (117KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
Two_Face_6711.jpg
117KB, 640x416px
This is how you will look
>>
>>1189383
>when you use acid instead of bleach
>>
>>1189325

It's concentrated sulfuric acid. It dissolves pretty much anything except plastic pipes. Don't use this on cast iron pipes, it'll destroy them.

Be careful- if this stuff doesn't clear your drain line then you've got concentrated sulfuric acid sitting in your lines at that point. One of two things will happen.

1- It eats away the pipes until the pipe fails and now you've got concentrated sulfuric acid in your house/basement. May generate hydrogen gas that bubbles up out of your toilet and explodes.

2- You call a plumber and they get a face full of acid because you didn't tell them or you do tell them and they refuse to work on your drain because it'll destroy their tools or kill them.

A total blockage should only be cleared mechanically. For slow blockages add the acid slowly and carefully.

MSDS: 0 flammability, 3 health hazard, 2 reactivity hazard, highly exothermic in water
>>
>>1189458
NFPA is garbage soon to be defunct. please stop using it.
>>
>>1189402
fug man your pipes are fucked now
>>
>>1189273
is this safe to use in my kids volcano project?
>>
>>1189282
>7th floor
>rent

Apartment? Plumbing is not your problem. Tell the manager to hire a professional plumber ASAP to clear the clog. Or else you'll pour concentrated sulfuric acid in the pipes and rot out all the drains from floors 1 through 6.
>>
>>1189270
It sucks not to live in Canada.
>>
>>1189402
>contains concentrated sulfuric acid
The fuck did you think it was going to do to metal?
>>
>>1189476
Your common sense is defunct.

Concentrated sulfuric fucking acid. The shit that turns organic compounds (that's your dick) into carbon and diluted still-sulfuric-fucking-acid.
>>
DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER DRAIN CLEANERS!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1189379
I work at a hardware store and it's happened a few times where people try to return this after using it and fill it with water and claim they never used it (let alone the fact that they always did a shit job at taping the bag back together.

Fucking meth-heads.
>>
>>1189270
is op a methhead or a terrorist?
>>
>>1189394
This is for sure illegal. Call his ass in if u want.

And kinda. My bro got a few drops on his hoodie 15 years ago. We spent the day retracing his steps to figure out how the fuck he got like 14 hiles in it.
Descides liquid fire may have been it.

Buy a bottle, wad up an old shirt in a bowl, dump bottle in.

Smoke show and the bowl was a buddle of black liquid.

This i did the other day dicking off.

But yeah, it 100% put a hole in my new bathroom rug and melts clothes.
>>
>>1189402
Oh yeah. Forgot sorry.

That shit will eat the coating off a brand new drain and make it black.

Ate my old sink chrome drain down to the brass.
>>
>>1189437
He doesnt ise both
>>
>>1189458
Pretty much.

Or you could be in a shitty rental or just hate your life and wanna move anyway like me. Pipes already dicked or i wouldnt be dumping acid into the water table. Fuckit
>>
>>1189482
Safe. No.

Will it work?

Oh yeah
>>
>>1189612
KEK
>>
>>1189857
Hope not
>>
you all should chill the fuck out. this guy poured sulfuric acid on his hand and it did not dissolved his hand. Just don´t mix it with anything else and only use it on plastic tubing and you are fine.
>>
>>1189889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeVZQoJ5FdE
>>
Is this the stuff Muslims throw into the faces of their gfs?
>>
>>1189904
Yup but they salvage acid from car batteries
>>
I used something similar to clean the rust off one of my guns.
I just poured some in one of those disposable aluminum grill containers and used q-tips to get the rust off the metal.
>>
I work in maintenance and use it frequently.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:
Wear safety glasses and, if you like, gloves.

Pour small amounts into tub drain or sink drain. Do not use for clogged toilets - use a plunger or auger.

Use only if your sink has pvc drains - it will corrode and eat through the thin metal sink drain pipes.

When you pour it in, it can react violently with other chems in the sink and erupt. So stand back.

If you get it on your skin it will burn, just chill out and wash your skin with cool water and baking soda. Youll be fine.

Ive got this shit on my workpants and skin all the time. My paints look like they were shot with a shotgun.

Oh yeah.. It stinks like fuck when it dissolves hair and the clog.
>>
>>1189571
That'd actually be funny as fuck. I bet it'd make the news.
>>
>>1189928
it was probably HCl
>>
>>1190041
would covering your skin with petroleum jelly work?
>>
>>1189282
>bolted the windows shut a few years ago when rent increased and 2 people jumped
that's not even legal
>>
File: article.png (15KB, 175x255px) Image search: [Google]
article.png
15KB, 175x255px
>>1190048
sounds legal to me
>>
>>1190048
Jumping out of windows is pretty illegal lethal
>>
>all these people freaking out over one of the most common and least hazardous chemicals found in a lab
>>
File: i-BcSrNGr-L.jpg (81KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
i-BcSrNGr-L.jpg
81KB, 799x450px
>>1190110
>least hazardous chemicals found in a lab
we're talking about in a home here though.
I work with some pretty shitty stuff in the lab at work too, but to most people in general hydrochloric acid (especially in that concentration) is probably the most hazardous chem they'll deal with.
>>
>>1190142
Watchu fiberglasing bro?
>>
>>1190062
What is a fire...
>>
>>1190110
I work at a rock quarry and have a horrible history of heart disease in my family. A heart attack or the silicosis (pretty much cancer) gonna get me anyway
>>
File: 1480624480990.jpg (217KB, 470x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480624480990.jpg
217KB, 470x640px
>>1189916
Horse shit. Unless they get it boiling hot first.

Source: not one bit 2 fucking batteries blown up in my face.

>try and help dad jump a doxer with a pickup. Anon check that connection. Touch it. Blows up in my face.

>haul truck wont start. Battery is about 3 -5 times the size of a car battery. Wiggle shitty okd junk ass terminal. The rubber grommet has apparently fallen out comming out of the battery box. Sounds like a flash bang. Knocks me flat on mt ass and almost over the sgitty broken railing to the ground. 2 pound lead terminal slices open my chin, busts my tooth, flys away. Spend 3 hours digging plastic shrapnel out of my face and flushng my eyes. Feels like arc flash. Wear 2 pairs of sunglasses taped together all day. Still blinded by the sun. Pretty sure my eyes never recovered.
>>
>>1189394
if there is a fire a lot of people are going to die. then he will be sued for 20 millions and kill himself
>>
>>1189571
maybe it'll get the attention of the authorities and he'll have to unbolt the fucking windows
>>
oh no! the window is bolted shut. i guess i wont commit suicide anymore
>>
>>1189876
Holy shit lol.

I'm going to have to try that.

Nah, I'm not going to tell on him. He is a cool guy and he doesn't bother me or get on my case about anything.
>>
>>1190048
They do it at Vegas hotels all the time. Keeps people from throwing their wives off the balcony and claiming they fell or suicide jumpers.
>>
>>1190348
GOOD!
>>
But american windows have the right to bear bolts
>>
>>1190366
They have fire exits tho
>>
>>1190365
Fuck yeah. So it. I will buy a bottle if i can get off early enough. Fuck. May have one at home. What shoukd anon melt into my old shirt?
>>
>>1189350
You snake it through the overflow, remove the cover.
>>
>>1190045
I cant tell if youre serious.
>>
>>1190418
Yeah, should be a lever to stop the drain. Carefully jerk that fucker out and there is a rod and weight if old burgerland style. Would pop mine out and show u but as u may find out its a cunt to wiggle it out. Shit. Actually i fucking cut mine off cause it was such a bitch.

Also tore a giant hole in my shitty work jeans and found pic related. Stand by for liquid jorts
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-031804.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-031804.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>1191109
Smh.

Been a long day lads. Its almost 330 am and im dead
>>
>>1190110
You forget that the common man is a complete and utter fucking retard and cannot/should not be trusted with high molarity acid
>>
>>1189335
>defiantly
looks like it gave you brain damage
>>
>>1189270
Wait are you just dropping this down the drain? Won't that fuck up the sewer waters?
>>
>>1189270

just follow the directions.

the warnings are out of control on everything.

that being said maybe wear some rubber gloves and some eyewear if you think you are a real fuck up.

and for gods sake just follow the directions. that shit will destroy your plumbing if you let it
>>
>>1189270
it's just sulfuric acid lol
not poisonous, it'll just burn the fuck out of you
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.