[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drill Comparison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: drillz.jpg (276KB, 1787x689px) Image search: [Google]
drillz.jpg
276KB, 1787x689px
What say you? Is their test conclusive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrp0iNLWu2k
>>
>>1189044

>DeWalt and Milwaukee on top

sounds right to me. both have a wide range of tools that work off the battery and are comparable in price. it comes down to personal tastes really.

also ib4 HUR DUR BLACK AND DECKER PRO LOLOLOL!
>>
>>1189068

Well I mean the DeWalt kind of BTFO everyone else here. The performance of the Hilti was pretty bad DESU.
>>
>>1189368
>The performance of the Hilti was pretty bad DESU.
so bad, they both picked the Hilti as 'the one drill they would most like to have from the bunch' kind of bad ? 20 fucking year warranty kind of bad ? Significantly cheaper than that POS Milwaukee that never managed to win anything, and only beat Hitachi on a strange 'bonus points' system kind of bad ?

DeWalt won everything hands-down, its the best all-rounder, Emus confirm. Hilti is the most comfortable drill to use, by some distance, if you using a drill all day, every day - and that warranty. Hitachi wasn't far behind the DeWalt, would make a good choice for professional all-round users allergic to bright yellow. DeWalt-Hilti-Hitachi - take your pic, they all the fucking same anyway.
>>
Makita is always best bang for your buck! The LXT range is awesome
>>
>>1189044
my dad's been a carpenter for like 40 years and he's fluctuated between calling Festool and DeWalt the best drills and tools in general. All my tools are DeWalt though since they are better for the price
>>
File: s_aku-vrtacka-mt070e_1334233920.jpg (10KB, 261x163px) Image search: [Google]
s_aku-vrtacka-mt070e_1334233920.jpg
10KB, 261x163px
does anyone know MAKTEC ? saw them in store and read them being Makita sub brand - hobby oriented, are they worth looking at.?
>>
>>1189391

Hilti had the most chuck wobble of the bunch. How is that possible?
>>
>>1189044
>hammer drills for concrete
>not rotary hammers
>>1189391
>>1189481
I returned a wobbly DeWalt drill once.
>>
>>1189044
>no hand drills of any kind
>>
>>1189489
>>hammer drills for concrete
>>not rotary hammers
fucking exactly.
how can anyone use a percussion drill for concrete with a straight face is beyond me.
why didn't they also test a diamond core drill and measure how many broken arms they got, thats a more valid metric.
>>
>>1189481
>most chuck wobble
>20 year warranty
>still most wanted
as the emu botherers pointed out, its all nominal, basically, nether affected functionality nor was noticeable in actual use. BUT when your Home Depot chinkshit POS develops a (significant, actual) wobble after 18.5 years? try returning that.

Actually, never knew the Hilti cordless stuff was so cheap, maybe, have a closer look - shame the rest of the range ain't. And, a test which finally fairly recognizes the glory of the glorious Hitachi, minus the marketing bollocks and shilling of some brands who shall remain nameless - good stuff.
>>1189489
>dodgy DeWalt
nope, never happened. You probably had Delerium Tremens, again, and confused yourself.
>>
>>1189044
>no Fein

Nope.
>>
>>1189044
these drills are two expensive like 250$ here
>>
File: IMG_2812.jpg (37KB, 524x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2812.jpg
37KB, 524x280px
I like crc better then wd40
>>
>no panasonic
Shit test
>>
>>1189044
inb4 dewalt wins the lowrange torque competition
>>
>>1189687
I say this because the 20v model I used today is hard to hold onto if it catches on low speed
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.