[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me anything about this water filter system? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image1.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Can anyone tell me anything about this water filter system? I tried googling but the company is no longer in service.

I've started to get a lot of red iron residue in my bathtub and shitter, so I'm thinking whatever kind of media is used need to be replaced.

Why 2 tanks, different media?
>>
>>1188831
You're gonna need to find a company to come out and replace those tanks.
This is your water, don't fuck with it unless you know what your doing, because it can fuck up the plumbing and could poison you if you try something stupid.
>>
>>1188850
the tanks don't get replaced, the media inside is replaced on site.
>>
Found this video. Seems to be the same tech I have. Still unsure about the second tank, but it looks like replacing the media is fairly straight forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaJOx0u3W0k

I know my Sulfide, Iron and Arsenic is high in my well.
>>
>>1188850
why the fuck would i do that i want to diy this not be a retard consumer cuck
>>
Professional water treatment person here. Now I'm speaking on strictly industrial terms here, I operate one of the biggest water plants that removes iron from the water. How it works is that air is introduced to the water via an air pump raising the dissolved oxygen. Once the dissolved oxygen is raised iron will precipitate out of water and settle into a settling tank. No media is required for this process. Don't know if your system has any filters on it, it might but I can't really tell from the pic you posted.

Now I would assume somehow there is a system acting as an air pump on your tank, has that pump failed? Is there a settling tank, is it full? I haven't googled that system at all, just thinking on what I know, I'd like to see some more detailed pics of your setup.
>>
>>1188952
Mostly correct here... what he's leaving out is aeration systems have gotten a lot better in the past 20 years, but they still only work well on alkaline water.

The idea is lots of tiny bubbles introduce oxygen, oxidize ions, and the ions precipitate out or can then be removed by pyrolyte. But the oxidation is heavily dependent on PH.
>>
>>1188957
[works well on iron, manganese and to an extent sulfur. Not sure about arsenic, though pyrolyte systems are used on arsenic so probably. Useless on radon.]

They either need to be backflushed regularly, or have an auto-regenerator that does the backflushing (~ weekly). The pyrolyte needs to be replaced ~ yearly or semi-yearly.
>>
>>1188952
The pump is purging weekly, as it has done since I bought the house a year and a half ago. I've only started looking at it since my water has gone to shit.

It's basically a line from my well tank into the tank on the right, which feeds into the air pump and into the tank on the left. The left tank feeds my cold water line and hot water tank.

There's also the regeneration pipe coming out of the right side of the pump unit which I routed outside to purge.

Media is used, see >>1188858

>>1188957
I'll check the pH in my well tank in the morning, thanks.
>>
>>1188965
PH usually doesn't change much. If the water was good before and isn't good now, you likely just need to either replace the pyrolite media or as other anon suggested, empty the settling tank.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.