[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

audio to tape head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: TOSHIBA D10 DECK.preview.jpg (88KB, 700x395px) Image search: [Google]
TOSHIBA D10 DECK.preview.jpg
88KB, 700x395px
Can I wire the audio out of a media (e.g. mp3) player to the (play) tape head to an old cassette player and expect it to work?
>>
>>1188720
not easily, no - but you get cassette adapters (mostly designed for cars, maybe a fiddle in a deck with the analog in wire coming back out) - that would work, but, as you'd need to connect the deck to an amp anyway, not sure why you'd bother just connecting your digital media player to the amp directly.
>>
>>1188720
Please get a cassette car adapter, are you trying to record to tape? If so just use the rca jacks on the back that say "rec" or record. If you are trying to use it for the tape saturated distortion sound for a drum machine, use a cassette adapter. Dont detroy the tiny toshiba deck its kinda hard to find those.
>>
>>1188729
device had some space in it so I thought I could fit a rpi in it and a touchscreen in place of the casette player
>>
>>1188739
What the actual fuck find a dual well that isnt rare and fuck that up.
>>
File: megaphone.png (321KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
megaphone.png
321KB, 639x475px
>>1188739
>I thought I could fit a rpi in it and a touchscreen in place of the casette player

Raspi fags are so annoying with this crap. They try to reinvent the wheel by sticking a rpi onto a wheel, but they don't understand how a wheel works, or even bother to look it up.
>>
>>1188745
how is it rare?I googled it and there is no results. Should I not frankenstein it? But I have no use for it
>>
>>1188750
So why dont you sell it on craigslist and use the money to buy a proper enclosure. Or even better, trade it for something you can use thats broken. If you are trying to use it as an amplifier, that will not work, its a working front loading cassette deck the size of a large alarm clock. Someone will want that, trust me.
>>
>>1188754
>If you are trying to use it as an amplifier..
this is the head-scratcher in this setup - OP, wtf?
>>
>>1188765
Just fill in the bingo card and leave.
>>
>>1188720
Yeah, should be doable, you're taking an analog stereo signal output and sending it to an analog stereo signal input.

Just splice an 3.5mm cable onto the output of the play head.
>>
>>1189214
I was reading about it, it looks like it works but pre-amp circuit might cause problems
>>
>>1189218
You have to bypass the entirety of the preamp. If you shoot 150mv line level voltage into a preamp that at most will ever see 2.2 mv you will see white smoke. What is your project?
>>
>>1188720
Argentinians do this all the time
https://m.taringa.net/posts/hazlo-tu-mismo/11362435/Instalar-Entrada-Auxiliar-Utilizando-las-viejas-caseteras.html
>>
>>1188720
Cassettes use a special Equalization when recording/playback.

So you need atleast to compensate for that. Other than that is behaves very closely to a microphone input.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.