[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

avocado tree small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1492589836129.jpg (40KB, 465x369px) Image search: [Google]
1492589836129.jpg
40KB, 465x369px
does anyone know much about growing avocadoes?

how do you make them tasty? more pee/poo?

What variety for a small one so the roots don't take over the house?
>>
>>1188560
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1188560
It's easy enough to grow an ornamental avocado tree, but I wouldn't expect to get any fruit from it. A fruit on a mature tree takes six months from pollination to be ready. And the pit has only half the parent's DNA, instead of being a clone, so the fruit may be some shitty crab-avocado. Just buy them when they're a dollar or less or whatever is considered cheap where you are.
>>
>>1188562
I see nothing wrong with this thread. Urine and composted feces are traditional fertilizers.
>>
>>1188560

I would recommend planting(from seed) or buying a batch of Hass Avocado trees and
allowing them grow and develop a good amount of roots.
Optimal soil should have some sand or rock in it for good drainage,
unless in flowering the tree should never be overwatered or overfertilized,
it can weaken the plant and make it more susceptible to illnesses and fungi.

Once you have like 5-20 healthy examples of 6 months-2 year old trees you
should find someone or some site that sells flowering plants or scions (has to be Hass)
and proceed to graft all the trees you have/you want to cultivate for fruit.
Trust me, the redundancy is not exaggerated here.
Before you should do that, I advise you to learn how to graft, resources can be found online.
Good practice is grafting cucurbitales (pumpkins, pickles, zucchini etc), Tomatoes, Apples..

Alternatively find yourself someone who does this for a living.

I'd show you a pic of my old tree, which was about 2m with a rather decent harvest (even here in mid Germany)
but some piece of shit that tried to steal my bike killed the entire thing in the process.
I wish breaking his nose brought it back..bummer for real

Anyways, good luck, and as always Googles your friend lad x
>>
>>1188637
You can grow pickles?
>>
>>1188637
Anon, I applaud your knowledge. IPPA member? Never thought I'd see info like that on this board, let alone so well explained. Given that it seems English is not your native language it's an even more impressive post. Alas, >>1189977 is right. You cannot grow pickles, no matter how hard you try.
>>
File: 1489006645650-mu.jpg (21KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489006645650-mu.jpg
21KB, 352x352px
>>1189986
You cannot grow pickles, no matter how hard you try.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.