[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flagpole for truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29KB, 800x600px
Hey /diy/, I'm looking to make a set of telescoping flagpoles for my truck. I plan on mounting them between the cab and the bed ideally, and I was wondering how I could go about it. Right now, I'm planning on using a 3/4" piece of steel pipe for the base and a 1/2" piece of PVC pipe for the part the flag will be mounted on. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>1188204

1/2 pvc is not stiff enough to fly your rebel flag bubba.

Be sure to livestream whatever happens when you DO get the flag up.
>>
>>1188209
Should I go all metal instead? would aluminum be good enough or should I stick with steel all the way through?
>>
>>1188212
what do you mean good enough?
pvc pipe for plumbing has set size and wall thickness so its simple to say it's shit. metal pipe you can get in any size/wall thickness.
well not any but lots of different.
but metal will probably be ok, depends on the size/weight of the flag and how fast you drive.

how are you going to keep it extended?
>>
>>1188218
I was planning on removable pins to keep it secured in both positions, and I'd like for it to be able to withstand up to highway speeds (70-80mph). I'm not too sure how obtainable that is, but I've seen plenty of people do it so I just figured I'd ask the possibility of it.
>>
>>1188204
>telescoping flagpoles

stop trying to reinvent a wheel here and use google
>>
>>1188263
My mistake, I found one that's like 6 foot, which is perfect, guess I was just in the mood to build something.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.