[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security Camera System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (401KB, 1168x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
401KB, 1168x600px
So I need to install a security camera system. The property is rather large at around 150 ft by 100 ft and it encompasses indoor and outdoor areas that need cameras.

Looking to put in 6-10 cameras and was thinking of going wireless with the netgear Arlo Pro any recomendations. Anyone have this. What happens if the wifi goes out is the camera effectively down?
>>
>>1187917
Wireless is shit. Do PoE.
>>
File: i-85qTV35-L.jpg (96KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
i-85qTV35-L.jpg
96KB, 800x598px
>>1187917
>wireless
lol no

>>1187920
>Do PoE
this

In my experience, consumer-grade stuff is shit. Overpriced for what you get, and they lack a lot of features.

I'm running a Hikvision system here. Been happy wtih them.
>>
don't do any IP cameras
they're all insecure shit
watch a few presentations from shakacon, defcon, blackhat, or similar if you don't believe me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DjTcANBx0
>>
>>1187941
>I'm running a Hikvision system here. Been happy wtih them.

I installed a couple of those for work, actually. I'm impressed with the picture quality and feature set, given that they were only like $80/each.
>>
>>1187920
>>1187941
>>1187946
>>1187948
The problem is the wiring will be a bitch no drop down ceiling attic or crawl space it will be like 1000 ft of wire and I don't want to run conduit on the outside and inside of building cause it will look like shit
>>
>>1187946
What kind of cameras should I do
>>
>>1188149
Good, cheap, pretty. Pick two.
>>
>>1188202
anything not IP
or if you do do IP, put them on a separate network not on the internet
>>
>>1188149
get poweline ethernet adapters if you're on the same circuit
>>
File: i-qmTV7kT-L.jpg (47KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
i-qmTV7kT-L.jpg
47KB, 799x450px
>>1188219
I have a VLAN on my network for the cameras.

Firewalled from internet except for what it needs to send me alerts.
Internally it's a little more open, allowing me to stream feeds and manage the equipment. VPN lets me remote in from elsewhere and deal with things.

But your typical home networking equipment doesn't support VLANs, so ... good luck. Use strong passwords and install your own certificates.

You won't get video resolution or features out of an analog system that you get with IP/digital equipment.
>>
>>1188244
strong password and encryption don't matter. most of these devices have command injection bugs - unauthed HTTP requests just get chucked into system() as root
>>
>>1188272

How to inject across vlan? Hop?
>>
>>1188244
Plenty of open source router firmwares out there that do vlans and vpn's just fine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.