[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT WOULD YOU BUILD IF YOU HAD UNLIMITED ACCESS/PRINTS TO A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
WHAT WOULD YOU BUILD IF YOU HAD UNLIMITED ACCESS/PRINTS TO A HIGH QUALITY 3D printer?

Like, engineering-grade materials and high-temperature materials.

I was thinking of making a tiny desktop chocolate factory. Like thse giant machines in How It's Made, only super small so the whole process would fit on a 1' x 1' area.
>>
>>1187881
Inb4 dildos of any sort be it generic or mythical beast
>>
nothing still because im trying to make a real desktop factory like on how its made only small

and it turns out, more real things that have to make stuff are usually made of metal
>>
>>1187881
>UNLIMITED ACCESS/PRINTS

Pretty much anything at all. Since there's some how an infinite amount of printing material and electric to run it you basically just print the most expensive salable item over and over and make tons of money until the market is too flooded then switch to the next best item.
>>
>>1187893
No, op just bought a 3d printer and is too ashamed to admit he had no idea what to use it for before buying it

Op just go to thingiverse and print all the most popular prints until your printer breaks
>>
>>1187881

I would make some friends and I would pretend that they think im really interesting and that they are laughing at my silly jokes.
>>
File: cki-vang-pelican-02.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cki-vang-pelican-02.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
A 1:1 size Halo pelican.
Made out of appropriate material.

Not because it'd work but because it's cool. Then I'd be arrested by the government for making something that looks scary.
>>
Whatever I can sell to get a CNC lathe and mill, so i can make something that isn't shit.
>>
I'd download a car and print it.
>>
>>1187929
You fiend
>>
>>1187890
I want money and sex sells yo
>>
>>1187892
Wow, such type of project has been my dream for a while. Can you elaborate what are you doing?
>>
>>1187895
actually m8 you're wrong. I just started an internship at a 3D printer company and they said I get unlimited printing (till the end of summer).
>>
>>1187881
Anime figures
>>
>>1187881
A castle and throne to sit my ass in.
>>
I'd go about replacing every possible object in my work and home desks and a modular drawer organizer for them.
>>
>>1188110
SC fag?
>>
>>1188298
MA fag
>>
>>1187881
>if you had access to a 3d laser sintering printer
>and unlimited amounts of thermoplastics and metal powder
>what would you do?
Make metallic foams, injection molds (for animeme statues), scale maps (videogames and irl), receivers, an ironman suit, scale aircraft airframes, functional scale rocket engines, baffle stacks, scale gundam, bike frame, airsoft, those child cars but scaled up for an adult, etc

I certainly wouldn't use it to make non-viable end products and retarded knickknacks.
>>
>>1187881
a house i guess
>>
>>1188521
Actually a great idea. Print hollow prefab walls that dovetail together, plus holes for lags for the added stability. Assemble in place, run plumbing and electric, fill the empty wall space with insulation, and you got a house.
Size would obviously be an issue though, a consumer printer would have to print it brick by brick.
>>
>>1188333
Bike frame?
Any links?
I have a makerbot at my school with access to free prints. Even if I have to buy a few spools for it, it'd be neat to 3d print a bike frame.
>>
>>1187881
>high-temperature materials

Would love to 3D print high temp ceramic tiles (like on the Space Shuttle).
>>
>>1187903
Print yourself a girlfriend
>>
>>1188584
You can't make a bikeframe with that meme. Bike frames undergo stresses in three dimensions.

My post was specifically about 3d laser sintering.
"I certainly wouldn't use it to make non-viable end products"
>>
>>1187881
Guns and prosthetic arms to give to everyone in need.

Seriously considering inMoov and a large enough 3D printer to become the Santa no one asked for.
>>
>>1187890
Fake boipussi
>>
>>1189372
>3d print
>guns
when the fuck will this meme die? (inb4 3d laser sintering, but that won't be even close to mainstream for another 3-10 decades)
The lads who develop printable firearms do so as a thought/design experiment, and they stick to designs like ar's where the receiver is under minimal stress.

You don't print guns. You print positives, which you then use to make molds, which you then cast from using resin or thermoplastics and support filler (read: fiberglass).
Wow! A viable end product that has a production time less than an hour and a half.
>>
>>1189426
Well then thanks for correcting me. Honestly didn't know that.
>>
>>1187881
Casings for my electronics projects.
>>
print dildos for etsy
use money to buy dildos
>>
>>1187881
>>chocolate factory
Oh hell no, high quality does not necessarily mean food safe. SLA prints are actually toxic. Not like kill you from touching them toxic, but eating from them would be bad
>>
Other 3D printers, and I'd just do requests in general.
>>
>>1190086

Use vacuum forming to make a mold out of the SLA-printed master, dummy
>>
>>1190086
>implying anon would bother to use food contact approved lube and grease
>>
>>1187881
>3d printer
>engineering grade
>high temperature

No

that said, id probably just print off replacement handles for brushes, random pins and screws ive lost from stuff over the years, shit like that
>>
>>1187881
40k minatures
>>
Custom firearms and parts.
>>
>>1187881
Artificial organs
>>
Ceramic bongs / pipes
>>
>>1187929

Downloading cars is a crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ByW2d4C0A
>>
>>1188110

Start printing a shit load of guns, see what they think of that.
>>
>>1189426

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spm_zrjedzk
>>
Form 1 suppressors
>>
File: msg_a.jpg (31KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
msg_a.jpg
31KB, 299x299px
>>1191231
>not dating your waifu
>the only entity that caresabout your future, and the fact that you treat her nice and shit
>>
File: 3226545865.png (14KB, 207x160px) Image search: [Google]
3226545865.png
14KB, 207x160px
>>1187881
Probably all the 3D handgun molds I need to lift up my Kydex business.
>>
A shipping container.
>>
Giant sized structural legos...duh!
>>
cases for synthesizers, enclosures in general.
>>
>>1187881
A smaller working 3D printer
>>
File: 1495260601284.png (2MB, 1440x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1495260601284.png
2MB, 1440x1053px
>>1191535
Not building a bigger working 4d printer.
>printlets when will they learn
>>
>>1189426
you don't cast guns either, faggot.
>>
>>1187881
I would print the parts for a 2:1 scale printer, assemble it, and continue until I had a printer that could shit out SSTO rockets, of course. What else?
>>
>>1192173
Pre-1880 firearms say you're a faggot
Post-1980 firearms say you're a faggot

If a (non-modern) receiver is brass, it was almost certainly cast.
Forged receivers are first cast, then forged.
Injection molding is literally casting.

The vast majority of non-stamped firearms have been cast.
>>
>>1191235
Reread:
>when the fuck will this meme die?
>The lads who develop printable firearms do so as a thought/design experiment
>>
>>1192176
>2:1
... sqrt((a^2)+(b^2)+(c^2))
The best you could ever do is a rad 3:1 scale printer.
>>
Stop motion with each frame printed as a complete object, including indexing pins so it can be placed repeatably in front of the camera.
>>
>>1191233
See what the hospital thinks of that
>>
>>1192522
vice + string
>>
>>1189426
>3d laser sintering, but that won't be even close to mainstream for another 3-10 decades

Well you're wrong about that. Formlabs released a mainstream SLS printer last week...
>>
Replacement cd drives for old consoles
>>
File: IMG_2901.jpg (12KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2901.jpg
12KB, 384x384px
>>1187881
If any of you cunts want to get fucking rich start printing post insulators and in line insulators, the cunts sell for around 50c each.
>>
>>1192847
Hell you could probably even print strainers, if some smart cunt can figure out a way to get 3D printed plastic to hold 150kg of constant tension there's fucking big bucks to be made.
Every farm has fences, there's big money in fencing, I'm a fencer but I wreckon if I had the brains I could be a fucking millionaire if I started making insulators and shit.
>>
>>1192847
Whats wrong with an injection molding and sonic welding?
>>
>>1192847
>> 50c each
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you can print more valuable stuff than that! Fucking custom fidget spinners will go for $15. Low end printed whatsits you can easily sell for $50, high end printed whatsits you could easily sell for $100.
>>
>>1187907
how does this fat chicken fly?
>>
>>1187881
Guns and gun parts
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.