[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mounting pegboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 20170602_165005.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_165005.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I've built a frame on the wall next to my bench to put up 3/16" pegboard, but I'm a little worried about it bowing because my supports are spaced so far apart. The length of the wall is 96" and the frame sits 1 3/4" off the wall pic related to fall flush with an existing wall outlet on a surface mount box. I cut a short length of board from my scrap pegboard and held it up to the frame and it was way too flexible for my taste. Ideally I would like to avoid putting up more supports like the ones shown because it makes too many pegholes unusable. So, I need an opinion on how to go from here, because I'm commited to the design now, and would like to avoid changing too much.

Here's what comes to mind so far.

A - "You'll be fine, OP. When the pegboard is mounted to the frame it will draw taut and not flex."
B - More 2x2 supports the height of the frame. Or more supports horizontally across the gaps
C - cut some 2x2x2 blocks and mount them to the studs between the supports so fewer pegholes are lost
D - fuck off with this bullshit
E - a little bit of option D, but with and idea I hadnt considered.

>inb4 code
>>
File: 20170527_152359.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_152359.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
The whole area

About 30 inches between the supports and the 2x4s, so there are still studs I can utilize between the existing supports
>>
I think if you fasten it at the top & bottom too, It'll be pretty solid without adding any more supports.
>>
>>1187312
This is my hope, but I'd prefer not to put it up and have to take it back down to add more supports. Ugh.
>>
File: 20170602_175227.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_175227.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Here's a test fit. Still seems a bit wonky, but definitely stiffer than I expected.

Just looking for ideas on how you guys would approach it.
>>
>>1187331
3/4in wide supports will fit between the peg holes
>>
>>1187337
So a 1x2 on it's end, basically. Hmmmm. This isn't a bad idea. However. Because of the junction box, i wont be able to move the pegboard around much to line up on the 1x2. I may be able to figure out where the holes will fall from my test fit, but a quarter inch mistake makes this solution a moot point.

I like it, anon, but I'll have to reckon at it a bit.
>>
>>1187375
You cpuld pre-fasten them to the pegboard, then apply a bead of construction adhesive to the back of each before you mount the whole thing to the existing supports
>>
>>1187331

looks good so far... even that cut out for the switch. definitely good detail
>>
>>1187379
Not a bad idea. I'll mull it over. Incedently, mulling it over is the reason I've taken more than three months to get to this point on my bench. Lol

>>1187385

Thanks anon. The pegboard isnt eexactly where it's supposed to be in that pic, because it's resting on the junction box. It will be parallel to the cabinets and the powerstrip once it's in place. I've also got vinyl caps to put all the way around the pegboard so it doesnt look so unfinished around the edges
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.