[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robotics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: 1472845855858.jpg (94KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
1472845855858.jpg
94KB, 800x537px
Anyone have any good reading or coursework on intro-intermediate robotics? I love my little digital babies, but I want a more structured learning foundation.
>>
File: 1480310971404.jpg (78KB, 494x604px) Image search: [Google]
1480310971404.jpg
78KB, 494x604px
>>1187197
What have you done in robotics already? Are you familiar with ROS? Are you using some kind of specialized robotics board? Also Robots General please!

On Letsmakerobots they recommend some literature, for structured work you could look at open coursework or robot cookbook.
>>
File: me-arm.jpg (263KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
me-arm.jpg
263KB, 628x472px
>>1187197
bump for robots general

pic related, considering buying the me-arm kit to get started
>>
File: IMAG0071.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0071.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1187894
I totally agree with /RG/, we need a robotics general

post your stupidest robots!

Its a """robot""" I made at the UNI in 2015 using GALs, timers and just one sensor, it escapes a labyrinth with a lot of time
>>
>>1187197
robotics is just mechanics, except trying to work around the machine/operator knowledge barrier instead of design it out of the process.

Leave robots to industry where they belong.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (35KB, 700x326px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
35KB, 700x326px
I work with robots for picking/packing.
Use ROS and it's simulation tools.
Get access to a laser cutter, 3d printer, or cnc router. Being able to build a robot + robot parts > being able to do the math.
A rpi/beaglebone + a cnc/stepper driver board (ramps, smoothieboard, etc) will go much further and develop faster than arduino based things.

Youtube:
Stanford's 'CS235: Applied Robot Design' class teachs you all about the mechanical bits of robots and how to build them. Very little math, young teacher, quite entertaining at 2x speed:
https://www.youtube.com/user/StanfordCS235/videos
CMU Robotics Lab has some great lectures: https://www.youtube.com/user/cmurobotics

Just like with CS, you need to always be building projects with what you learn. Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1441402961244.webm (3MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1441402961244.webm
3MB, 576x324px
Bumpan for interest
>>
>>1188329
I'm guessing you did the age-old "only ever turn in one direction and you'll get out."
Implementing a search algorithm would have been more impressive, but that would require better sensors.
>>
>>1188339
>Leave robots to industry where they belong.
fuck that
dont be a fucking baby
>>
>>1190194
>"only ever turn in one direction and you'll get out."

If it was a labyrinth and not a maze you wouldn't even need that much. It is an actual maze then that sort of thing may or may not work, depending on the maze layout.
>>
>>1188575
>>very little math
if you don't learn the math you are USELESS in robotics.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.