[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neon Light Sensor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I have a record player from the 80's.

There is an orange neon bulb 12v above the platter.

There are slits in the platter.

There is a light sensor underneath the platter. Depending on what patter of light is coming through, the player will know what size record is on the platter.

Pic related is the player. One of those three sets of slits is open (other two are just for decoration symmetry). The light for the lamp comes out of that semi-rectangular cutout on the left side at the back of the player.

Luxman P-102 // Marantz TT530 (same insides)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McG9IC9zibQ is some guy fixing one. You can see the lamp working at around 6:30. It's the one sticking up like a spotlight at the back.

If I can't find the OEM bulb, or even a close enough match, can I use a different type of bulb? (LED?)

Thanks. I'm not a tech dude, just fixing my dad's old shit so I can use it for myself. But I enjoy learning about it all.
>>
File: turntable.jpg (71KB, 514x630px) Image search: [Google]
turntable.jpg
71KB, 514x630px
>>1185909
Here is the schematic of the power supply section, including the bulb. The part number in the schematic is 65e02013s01, but that doesn't bring anything up on google. The bulb in the video looks like a generic indicator bulb that you can find on ebay and various online shopping sites.
>>
Can you post a picture of the bulb itself?

Also, please do a quick test: tape a torch/flashlight where the bulb should be and test with different sized record, just to test if the LDR portion (the detector) is working. Just to be sure.
>>
>>1186351
The schematic can be found on Vinyl engine if you need the rest of it. To answer your LED question, to do that you would need to find somewhere else to piggyback the LED in another part of the circuit that has lower voltage and DC current, since by the looks of the schematic it is hooked up directly to the 120v center tap on the primary of that transformer. Neon lamps require higher voltage to glow than LEDs

The most straight forward and simple way imo is just to get a neon lamp assortment like this, and find the size that best matches the original.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/i/32343993534.html
>>
Flip to the back of the service manual, there is a parts list.

http://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/pdf/telecharge.php?pdf=Luxman-P-406-P-102-Service-Manual.pdf
>>
>>1185909
>If I can't find the OEM bulb, or even a close enough match

Literally any neon bulb you can find will do the job. These are one of the least sophisticated components you'll encounter, and are easy to source through any of the dozens of online parts retailers out there.
>>
>>1186351
any neon bulb rated for 120vac
find them at radioshake or in old appliances
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.