[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a Computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 200x156px
So my old computer's graphics card shit itself after 5 years and its a shitty laptop so i dont want to go through the hassle of replacing the card just to continue having a shitty computer. Ive decided to build a computer but its my first time doing so. I did some research and Ive compiled a list of parts and im scared i may have fucked up somewhere down the line so i figured i should have someone who actually knows their shit check to make sure everything i have would be compatible and work well together. Im planning on using this computer for gaming and because my last one was so shit id like my new one to get at least decent settings so if you have any suggestions that would work better than id enjoy hearing it.
CPU- Intel Core i3-7100
Graphics Card- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard- Fatal1ty B250M
Memory- Super Talent Project X
Case- Fractal Design Define R5
So the only parts i havent picked out are the hard drive (because that doesnt take a genius to figure out) and my power supply so again, suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>1185541

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

These days, it's about as DIY as making toast.
>>
>>1185548
thanks
>>
check >>>/g/

they have pc building general threads pretty regularly. Check the catalog
>>
>>1185541
I know a gtx 1050 ti isnt stellar but still, that processor is probably gonna be a bottleneck.

Also just post a pre-built computer on /b/ and tell them that it's the greatest price/performance available anywhere. They'll give you suggestions on what you should really buy if you act like you know it all already.
>>
>>1185541
Pc part picker dot com has a compatibility filter
>>
>>1185548

>>>/r9k/37406912
>>
Get an i5 or i7, use /g/

realize that it is just legos if you follow the instructions carefully enough.

t. guy who built his own pc that is tech illiterate but had trouble because i thought i could wing it without paying attention to directions
>>
>>1186096
Xeons are often good values if not overclocking.
>>
Your ram is over priced compared to the rest processor you have your priorities backwards. and the board is limited to 2400 on ddr4 anyways. Put that money into a better processor that is way more important.
>>
>>1185585
this

also get a nice semi nice harddrive, get a better cpu, and better ram. it doesnt matter if you have one good item, the bottleneck with be the fastest your system will be able to perform. Also, do a shit ton of research before purchasing. Look up Linus Tech tips on youtube, but know that he is a huge fucking shill.
>>
>>1186096
>>1186102
wrong, not its about 1600x and up (amd cpus). Threadripper destroys xeons, and naples blows everything else out of the water. If you go for intel right now your not doing yourself a favor
>>
>>1186993
This
AMD is pushing Intel's shit in. Intel dropped prices but not by enough. They were and still are price gouging.
>>
>>1186993
Yah, Threadripper is gonna be rad
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.