[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recycling PET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: asdsad.jpg (244KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
asdsad.jpg
244KB, 900x513px
Hi, so I've been gathering the stuff for a few days now and I'm thinking about what to do with it besides taking it to the recycling facility. Ideas?
>>
Make a thread on /diy/ about it
Oh you already did that?
I'm all out of ideas then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqp_zA6m-w
>>
>>1185449
Go look at Precious Plastic on youtube.
>>
you could turn it into thread
>>
Distill it back into oil and use it as an oil for something.

By mixing it with other oil until its viscosity is the same as diesel or gasoline, it should work in both applications
>>
>>1185449
I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle
>>
You can shrink them around a plug with a heat gun to make certain shapes.

Not sure what application might be useful to you, but they're handy for making cowlings and canopies for model airplanes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4juMEReOKc
>>
>>1185449
Fill them with sand, and make an African brick house.
>>
Fill them with battery acid and baking soda.
>>
>>1185855
Cap them securely while empty and make an African pirate ship
>>
>>1185449
A few projects come to mind:
Make wasp traps.
Cut off the tops and attach to dry goods bags as pour funnel with a waterproof cap so they last longer.
Rope/cord, as suggested above.
Use rope cord and a drill to make a rain chain.
You can use a heat gun to shrink thin, as mentioned >>1185848 but in addition to simple vacuforming type things you can also make tubes and shrink them around joints to reinforce them/make them. Although I would think that this would be more useful with the cord, apply then use heat gun to shrink tight.
You can cut off the tops and bottoms, slice one side to make a sheet. Take the sheet and cut short slots on two sides, interlock with another one and add a dab of superglue or clear tape across the top. Do this many times and you will have strips you can use as siding for a greenhouse. Similarly you can also do corrugated roofing by alternating the direction of curl.
Cut square sheets from the bottle and you can make greenhouse roofing shingles by nailing the top and bottom to strips of wood, nailing those thin strips to frame sides, then nailing down the. Next layers bottom onto the last layers top.
Do the Africa thing and silicone seal a few filled with water into holes drilled into the roof of a shed to make "skylight" solar light diffusers.
Use them for propane compressed gas rockets.
Keep collecting and lash them together with cord made from some of them to make an island raft to add dirt, plants, and house to to make a houseboat/island a la joyxcee island.
If soda bottles you can cut off the bottom to use as part sorting trays, because of the 5 different sections.
Cut open and use with hose clamps to patch leaky pipes. Wrap around, secure, then house heat gun to shrink tight. A wrap of PET cord over the sheet would work better as it would also shrink in place.
Cut off bottoms and drive into soil around seedlings to act as cloches. Leave the top off if it's warm out to let t vent, if it's hot take off or cooked plant
>>
>>1185967
10/10
>>
>>1185820
I don't know why I thought that was so funny.
>>
>>1185861
What's always worked for me is HCl toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.