[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with wiring audio transformer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: OctavioDunlopTest.jpg (47KB, 894x352px) Image search: [Google]
OctavioDunlopTest.jpg
47KB, 894x352px
I'm trying to build the circuit (pic related).

The closest audio transformer I was able to get hold off is the one I will post in the next picture. They're slightly different but I'm pretty certain it should work as a substitute.

The data sheet for the transformer I have (see next pic) shows which pin is which and how to use them in a 5 pin or 6 pin configuration. From the circuit diagram, it seems I need a 5 pin configuration, however, the pin missing would be pin 2 on the transformer whereas the data sheet only shows a 5 pin configuration for pin 5 being removed (which is on the secondary, not sure if I can just decide to flip the transformer around). How should I match the pins on this transformer to the circuit diagram? At the moment I've got it wired as the data sheet shows for an all 6 configuration but with pin 2 left floating.

Also, where do I connect the emitter of transistor Q2? It shows it going to -9v which I assume is the same as the line coming from the battery via the switch though the diagram shows that as +9v even though the battery is connected with a reversed polarity. Can someone please clear that up for me?

Thanks
>>
>>
TO CLARIFY: Currently have pin 1 connected to the 22uF cap, pin 3 to ground. Pins 4 and 6 to the diodes. Pin 5 to ground and pin 2 floating
>>
Update: Still have the two problems I mentioned above and an additional one.

With the input port, the one which I'm using (taken from a broken amplifier), there are only two connections (similar to the output port). One for the signal and one which was originally connected to the amplifier casing but would now be connected to ground. What should I do about the line running from the input port to the output port? In the case of the output port, only two connections are required and one is to ground so this is fine.
However, with the input port, there seems to be three connections. There's still the grounded connection but there's two others too (S1a in circuit diagram). I used the one connection I have as the input to the .1uF capacitor. What should I do about the other 1?
>>
dont have the patience to decode your word-salad, but i'll make 2 quick points:
1) -9V is indeed the right side of the on/off switch. (people who draw positive-ground circuits in 2017 should be euthanized)
2) if you have a center-tapped coil (with 3 pins) and you just need 2, you can just ignore the middle pin.
>>
>>1185266
>At the moment I've got it wired as the data sheet shows for an all 6 configuration but with pin 2 left floating
Pins 2 and 5 are called center taps. They aren't always used, so you've likely got it hooked up correctly unless youve got the whole thing wired backward.

>diagram shows that as +9v even though the battery is connected with a reversed polarity
The schematic is correct. It shows a positive ground. Everything on the other side of the battery is -9V.

>>1185284
>S1a
Thats the footswitch. S2 is your power switch. S1a/b switches the circuit in/out of the signal path.
>>
>>1185307
>(people who draw positive-ground circuits in 2017 should be euthanized)
It's an old guitar effect circuit. Are you really that easily confused?
>>
>>1185309
Ah, ok. I don't have an actual pedal, I was wanting to just put the input from the guitar straight into the effects circuit and feed that into the amplifier. So can I just connect the jack to the .1uF cap and the other connection to ground? (The idea is that if the device is on, it will work and if it's off, there won't be any connection between guitar and amp so it would be like the amp is completely off too. To get a non-effected signal, I'd have to completely remove the device from between guitar and amp.)
>>
>>1185316
Correct
>>
>>1185325
thanks very much for your help
>>
>>1185311
positive ground cirquits are in some cases better than negative ground cirquits, especially whith fuzz cirquits where PNP's are used, it eliminates quite a lot of noise, if you have the time and materials, you could try this out yourself, putting the ground on the + or - side of the cirquit
>>
>>1185391
> especially whith fuzz cirquits where PNP's are used, it eliminates quite a lot of noise

you're just repeating someone else's nonsense. the whole purpose of fuzz circuits is to distort the signal. it would be impossible to measure (or notice) noise in a such a situation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.