[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 20170529_140713.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_140713.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Went bed shopping.

Everything looks so cheaply made.

Side rails only 5/8 thick, woth small 3/4×3/4" "rail" made of wood.

Mystery woods or "asian hardwoods"

I looked at stuff that was in the $800-$1800 range.
>>
I don't know anything about mattress stands other than some mattresses will grow black mold if the bottom isn't open for ventilation.
>>
>>1184843
If you have woodworking tools, you could build a solid bed with $100 worth of pine/fir/cedar boards, and then stain it any color you want.
>>
>>1184865
Yeah, i am thinking just that.
>>
File: IMG-hero-slider7-bed-open.png (438KB, 722x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-hero-slider7-bed-open.png
438KB, 722x500px
>>1184843
I bought one with metal skeleton and I can put my stuff in it but the sides and the bottom are MDF
>>
Anyone here that has built a bed, did you use bed bolts, or hangers, or joinery?
>>
>>1184843
Matthias Sandal has a great video on making a bed frame from dimensional lumber
>>
>>1184878
Wandel
>>
I made one with just 2X4s and 4 fence post toppers (used upside down) for the 4 legs. just butt joints and long deck screws. plywood on top, mattress on top of ply. painted it. done. simple, easy, and has lasted for several years even with k i d s jumping on it. bed frame isn't rocket science.
you could even start with the basic metal "L" channel bed frame and make a wooden box base for it for lots of underbed storage.
>>
>>1185064
can get the "L" channel bedframes from craigslist for cheap or even free sometimes.
>>
I'm going to build a bed frame here soon, but I'm going to try something a little original. I plan on building a daybed (twin xl) using galvanized steel pipes. I know that there are some plans already available for normal frames, but it seems that there isn't really anything available for what I am looking for. I have a few ideas to reinforce the frame without increasing the footprint. From my estimates I probably could get away with spending less than 250$, accounting for tools and excess. I couldn't imagine spending that on flimsy chinese piece of shit, let alone more.
>>
>>1185559
Use pvc instead lightweight and cheaper.
>>
>>1185559
Key Klamps (structural pipe clamps). Are the way to go.

Zoro has them cheaper
>>
>>1185571
I prefer the look of the pipes, and I don't want to have to fill pvc tubing with foam to support a working load safely
>>
>>1185578
KeeKlamps are up for consideration, but galvanized piping is stronger than gator tubing with the same id/od for less. So I'm kind of torn
>>
>>1185582
Kee klamps are made for sch40 galvanized.
>>
I came into a really nice mid century full sized head board.

Just the head board.
And i have a queen matress.

There is a 6" difference in width.

I want to build the reails and a simple foot board.

Any ideads on how to adapt the full size head board to the queen sized bed i have otjer than adapter plates?
>>
I built a bed from cheap lumber with little to no woodworking knowledge when I was in college cause I couldnt afford to furnish my shithole flat. It's a bit creaky and a good woodworker would probably throw-up at the sight of it but it's lasted a good 10 years so far and cost about €50
>>
>>1184843
>tfw i sleep on a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" plywood with a 3/4" thick 4'x8' sheet of blue board foam and a few blankets as cushioning

Cost like $50 and it cured all my lower back problems.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.