[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repurpose phone booth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170527-184157.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170527-184157.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Hey guys, I just moved to a new city and noticed there are a lot of these types of phone booths sitting derelict.

I was thinking of repurposing them as mini-librarys but there are already a few of those around, anyone else have an idea for what I can turn them into?
>>
>>1183921
One thing to keep in mind is that they may have an electrical hookup inside of the box. If it is still live, then this increases the number possibilities quite a bit.

I envision some sort of wifi connected VOIP phone that people can use for free. It will require a wifi connection of course. Doing it will be illegal, but I see it more as "constructive vandalism". It is ethical as it provides a free service to the public and to the homeless as they may not have access to phones.
>>
If they've still got the phone line connection you could add a phone with just a button that connects someone to 911. You didn't need to put in coins for that on payphones. Could save someone's life.
>>
>>1183934
Come to think of it though, voip is shakey even on a hardwired connection. I wonder if the phone line is still connected on these things? Maybe you could just wire up a regular telephone
>>
>>1183921
would make nice planters. what is your climate like?
>>
>>1183921
non web enabled, wifi digital drop box. people can leave and retrieve files. kinda the same thing as a library, but FUTURE
>>
>>1183921
>sitting derelict
or it's a trap; they're waiting for an excuse to fine someone for doing something to them
>>
>>1183921
Time machine.
>>
>>1183921
How about leave them alone, since they are not your property.
>>
File: FKQQAAXHSRZJRXM.MEDIUM.jpg (52KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FKQQAAXHSRZJRXM.MEDIUM.jpg
52KB, 620x465px
>>1183947

PirateBox
>>
>>1184017

Where's the fun in that?
>>
>>1184067
didn't know there was a name for it.
>>
>>1183947
Do it!!! This is the best solution.

Guys, let's now help him problem solve for how to keep this waterproof without fucking up the signal.
>>
being a 1st worlder phone booth, I'm sure u can deploy honeypots to raise a botnet and get caught for nothing ... or get that money on weed and have a better ending
>>
>>1183934
>some sort of wifi

1. Its going to cost you per month for the internet
2. People are going to connect and do stupid shit that is going to get you busted
3. Someone is going to break it/steal it
>>
>>1184067
PirateBox is a lot more better then those USB Flash Drive dead drops that people did years ago. I remember read about how people busted them and how the cops were doing the same because of illegal content.
>>
Stick a cell phone charger in it, with USB micro B & C, lightning connector, and whatever that old 32 pin apple one is called. That could be a possibility if it still has power.
>>
I always thought it would be cool to make a scavanger hunt thing that leads to some sort of prize. This could be the starting point. Person pick up a phone you have installed to hear a set of coordinates to the first clue. You could even make it ring occasionally to add to the mystery factor.
>>
>>1183992
This, OP.

Like an abandoned house, no one cares about it until someone starts squatting in it.

Touch ma bell's "derelict" property and enjoy getting a phonebook of charges thrown at you, some of which could be federal.
>>
Make a couple of small sturdy metal boxes with a speaker and a circuit that gives off a 14.4k hertz tone... wire it to the power in the box and epoxy it too the wall... either it repels teens or teens get to explain to officers that they were breaking the unused phone booths because they were buzzing at a pitch the officer couldn't hear... videotape results..
>>
>>1185429
Ever heard of geocaching? Can't do it anymore without looking like you're playing Pokémon Go, but you also don't look sketchy because of that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.