[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken Mainline Water Valve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3710.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3710.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Hi, I've been having troubles dealing with scumbag HOA and plumbers in regards to fixing this valve. The plumbers tell me that the water line to the entire apartment building has to be shut off in order to replace my unit's valve. Is there a way to not have to shut off the water as I'm having troubles getting the HOA to shut off the water since the plumbers don't want to do it because the main water shut off is fucked or something. Pic related is the valve in question.
>>
Impossible to tell without looking at your pipes.

Likely the branch that valve is on connected to has only one valve, and turning it off means no water for anyone on that branch

or he's lying and putting off the work.. wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>1183562
I just want to know if there is a way to fix this mainline water valve for my specific unit without turning off the water for the entire building. Because this valve in question is the one that specifically turns off and on the water for my unit and the handle snapped off.
>>
If you could get it to shut off with pliers , another valve could be put in after it.

Can't see it very well in pic, but is there a reason you can't just replace the handle?
>>
>>1183559
>since the plumbers don't want to do it because the main water shut off is fucked or something.

I doubt you have plumbers that don't want to get paid. They just don't want to pay. Turn off the water at the street. Replace main valve, replace your valve.
>>
>>1183579
The thread for the gate is broken apparently so that's why the plumber told me that HOA had to shut off the water for the entire building so they could replace the broken gate valve
>>
>>1183559
Man up and buy a house, or quit crying you little manlet faggot.
>>
>what is a pipe freeze kit

do you even /diy/, bros?
>>
>>1183603
So If use this, I will be able to saw off the broken valve and replace it without needing to shut off the entire water supply?
>>
>>1183606
imagine what will happen if you fuck up.
>>
>>1183591
>Turn off the water at the street. Replace main valve, replace your valve.
this

if they try to give you crap about it, make up a story about a water leak that could lead to a potential mold problem
>>
>>1183608
What do you mean? I looked at the commercial freezing kits and they say they stop water for about 30 minutes
>>
Get a lawyer, sue your HOA, ???, profit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.