[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italians4cheap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-05-26-13-11-42.png (719KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-26-13-11-42.png
719KB, 720x1280px
I saw this shit floating around Facebook n shit. How legit do you think it actually is?
There has gotta be a nasty catch like "but you have to be worth 2 million and only Italian citizens"
You think it's possible for a young American contractor (younger than 30) who speaks no Italian to get something like this. At least a farmhouse or abby or some shit?
I'm honestly thinking about this since I love restoration and hate American stick houses.
Details: no debt, white, male, USA born and raised, ~30k in assets, no wife/kids, has lots of tools and skill, restored a 100y/o house before
>>
>>1183364
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/18/italy-is-giving-away-over-100-castles-for-free--theres-only-one-catch.html
>>
>>1183364
Italianfag here, mind you have to be a good marketer, the reason we're losing population in the mountains is not because of structural issues (and earthquakes are not helping, damn I'm scared sometimes) but because there's no economic life there, people started slowly migrating in the cities cause of scarcity leaving worse situations until smallest centres died.
Given that, if you want a slow life in the middle of nowhere, in absolutely beautiful places, and want to try to build a small hotel for next to free you're welcome
>>
>>1183382
Tbh it's not an Italian exclusive problem, it's happening pretty much in the entire west. Younger generations, in general, don't wanna deal with the hassle of living middle nowhere, with no jobs, infrastructure or social life. People choose to live like rats in big cities instead.
>>
>>1183364
>given for 9 years with option for additional 9 years
>i.e. please spend a fortune restoring this building so we can take it back from you after a decade and give you nothing.

Or
>please take our "free" buildings
>just pay us the enourmous back taxes on the property because spagettiniggers never pay taxes.
>>
>>1183426
>>just pay us the enourmous back taxes on the property because spagettiniggers never pay taxes.

>ok sure, now how much is owed on the property
>what the fuck do you mean 3 billion dollars?
>what the fuck do you mean nobodys paid taxes since rome was a thing?
>>
>>1183364

You can also try spain, you can buy a whole abandoned town in the rural areas with traditional stone houses in some stages of decay for that, usually with a 300+ old church included so you can try other type of restorations.

And also the local government will love you for that, in case you try i will ask fpr tax exceptions and even some help from the government.

The bad thing is that you will need more money than 30k most likely 50 or 60.
>>
File: 1474389739116.jpg (549KB, 1840x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1474389739116.jpg
549KB, 1840x1048px
>>1184106
>>1183426
Lets say I could scape up 100k cash total after everything (loan from parents not on paper; yes I love my white privilege).
Would a country really allow a young foreign guy that can't speak their language to own their land. I mean I'm fine with becoming a citizen, but that takes years and would they allow me to own land?
>>
>>1184522
yeah. many developed countries will let you come and buy property without being a citizen. Japan does it. Italy does it too. just hire a local to walk you through the process.
>>
>>1184522
Depends on the nation. Some nations will not let you become a citizen if you don't have at least a functional grasp of the local language. There is a test and everything. Others don't give a shit as long as you pay the right people some money.
>>
>>1183364
You have to make a non-profit foundation to be eligible (this foundation will own and operate any building donated). Also, this is already over.
>>
>>1183364
There is also that town in Italy that will pay you some cash to move there. All the old farts are dieting and their shit grandkids want to live in the big cities and they have no tax base.
>>
>>1183364
>I saw this shit floating around Facebook
Stopped reading right there
Back to /gif/ I go
>>
>>1184566
Seems like a good place for industrious refugees?
>>
>>1184566
I saw that they took down that request after a fuck ton of inquiries though. Like they just want a few people to come, not just everyone
>>
>>1184522
>Would a country really allow a young foreign guy that can't speak their language to own their land.
Sure, you'll most likely be bound by your visa first. So you can own land, but if your visa is expired, you can't visit it.
With all of the castle restoration shenanigans, you might actually get some weird other type of a visa or even get fast-tracked into receiving a ctiizenship, but knowing the language might not be a requirement.
>>
>>1184106
This right here, plus northern Spain is sweet as fuck.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576711/Buy-ghost-village-50-000-Thousands-abandoned-Spanish-hamlets-sale-price-London-garage.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3210312/Forget-holiday-home-holiday-village-buy-abandoned-100-acre-Spanish-one-just-146-000-s-reason-s-cheap.html
>>
I poked around a bit on the official site. It is in Italian only.

It says the scheme is open to Citizens. Only of Italy.
The requirements are; youth/single people under 40.
Also to Third Party Organizations or NGO is allowed, but the members still must be youth under 40.

You do not get ownership of the building. It is still owned by the mubicipality or whatever.
You get a concession to renovate and operate it.

You will have to present a Tender with a business plan.
You will need to spend money to renew it. If the time period is too lobg your Tender application will go in the garbage.
This initiative is to serve pilgrims who are making the ancient walking routes.
So the intention again is to renew into Hostel and B&B etc.
Some of the buildings is sctructurally in excellent condition.
The tender is for 9 years, and is renewable for another 9.

After that, another tender application will be made, or the municipality may keep it.
>>
>>1185507
>Citizens. Only of Italy.
Thats that fucked then. If the natives wereAT ALL fucking interested, they wouldnt fucking have to have a scheme in the first place, would they now? You need young, fresh ideas, youthful vigor and new capital (= ie, halfwits, that dont know, what a god and public forsaken shithole the place actually is) - stoopid fucking wops, can go back to eating pizza crusts in their ruins, is all they done for the last few millennia anyway. And 'under-40s only' - because, they all have the capital, time and experience to make this work, or what? Wops, I tellyer, fuck 'em, and their ruins.
>>
>>1185527
Relax. Its open for everyone. Even women.
You can even apply for E.U. funds up to €2 million to renova the building.
I just made all that stuff up as a joke. Sorry if it made you cry.
>>
>>1183364
You can find similar shit in the U.S. i'm sure.

There's a historic house near me that they just gave away for free. Sure.....it needs like 500k in repairs to get it back into shape, but if you knew what you were doing and did it yourself over years and years, I'm sure it can be worth it.
>>
>>1185584
Historic in Italy is half a millenium old or more

Historic in the US is cowboy era.
Closer to the invention of the internal combustion engined motorcar and semi-automatic firearm than we are to the 20th century.
>>
>>1185584
Ahahahahahaha
>>
File: DowneyMcdonalds.jpg (1MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DowneyMcdonalds.jpg
1MB, 3072x2048px
>>1185640
>>1185657
thats unfair - Murica is alive with History.
>hahahahahahaahahhhahahahahaaaa....
They actually wanted to put Pic Related in the National Register of Historic Places, but the owners objected.. Goddamnit burgers, are not even your namesakes sacred?
>>
>>1185668
There's some indian shit that actually is old but it's just mud and rocks. :/
>>
>>1185640

and...?

You honestly think you're going to turn a 1000 year old castle into a livable house on the cheap?
>>
>>1185689
Define cheap.
Or better yet, don't bother. The answer is yes.
>>
>>1184531
You pay your taxes and work. Welcome.
>>
>>1183364
Those things aren't cheap, lands here costs a lot more than the US.
They sold a castle near me, the cheapest one and it was sold for 2.5 millions plus the taxes. Buildings with decent history will cost a lot more (84 millions for the castle in my village) and you can't do whatever you want with it but you need to respect a lot of different laws.
For buying just shitty land (here where I live the land cost a fortune) I don't see the issue but you won't get a lot with 30k.
>>
>>1185807

You're retarded and delusional. Spend the money on therapy.

Bypassing the fact that if it could be done, don't you think some hipster greaseball wouldn't have done it already.

I can picture your weird ass explaining to the historic committee, "Uh...yeah, I know you whops want like....ten mil for the place, but I was thinking maybe I'd do a rent to own type thing, and I found a bunch of old pallets I was going to make a bar out of, I figure that'd up the property value, and I do a lot of microbrewing and hold steampunk events, so I'm doing a lot f the community here...."
>>
>>1185882
Kek
>>
>>1183382
How would you say the people of the country side would be to outsiders? I know in rural America people can be real mean and unwelcoming to any foreigners, especially of certain decent or color.
>>
>>1185507
I qualify for all of that, I may consider it.
>>
>>1186325
Not him, but generally speaking italians love white foreigners. There are a lot of english people where I live, they seem to be perfectly happy. They even have their own (catholic) english priest and their own sunday mass. All of this in a town of 20k people.
>>
bumping in hope of actual Italian(s) maybe having a run through that website, point out a few worth consideration.
>>
>>1183364
>gotta be a nasty catch like "but you have to be worth 2 million and only Italian citizens"
>You think it's possible for a young American contractor (younger than 30) who speaks no Italian to get something like this. At least a farmhouse or abby or some shit?
>I'm honestly thinking about this since I love restoration and hate American stick houses.
>Details: no debt, white, male, USA born and raised, ~30k in assets, no wife/kids, has lots of tools and skill, restored a 100y/o house before
>29 replies and 2 images omitted. Click here

You just have to get rid of all the squatting refugees first… I heard they are giving away the Calais migrant camp too
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.